Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:12 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Default Adding a loot table

This seemed kinda self explanatory...but I'm having some trouble...What am I missing?

okay...So I made a custom item. And I'm trying to get 2 of these items to drop every time the target npc is killed.

I found my NPC's "loottable_id" field in the "npc_types" table.

I went to "loottable_entries" and found 4 corresponding "lootdrop_id" rows.

I tracked down each of the 4 "lootdrop_ids" in the "lootdrop_entries" table, where I added a new line, with a new "lootdrop_id" and I added the proper "item_id" for my custom item. I set the "chance" field for "100". the "multiplier" field for "1". I left the "equip_item", "disable_chance", and "minlevel" fields at "0", and the "item_charges" field at "1", the same as the other lootdrop_entries for this npc.

Then back in the "loottable_entries" table, I added a 5th line of my npc's "loottable_id", I added my new corresponding "lootdrop_id", set "multiplier" to "1", "droplimit" to "2", "mindrop" to "2", and "probability" to "100".

I would have thought that was it. I restarted my server, and went to test the kill, and my new loot table did not show up.

What I think happened is that the NPC (in this case Lord Nagafen) was already up, and what he had on him was already decided...and that my assumption that resetting the server would repop him was incorrect. And since the nature of Lord Nagafen is that he doesn't repop very soon, and I am too unfamiliar with the GM commands to make him repop...

SOOOOooo...if anyone can either confirm my suspicions about the Lord Nagafen that was already up not possessing my new loot table regardless of server restart, or tell me where I went wrong in my loot table values, or tell me how to force a repop of the NPC...you can be my friend forever

Or if you want to tell me anything else...LOL
Old 07-28-2018, 02:18 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1 View Post
or tell me how to force a repop of the NPC...you can be my friend forever
#repop force
Old 07-28-2018, 06:13 PM
kris1
Sarnak

Thank you!!
Old 07-28-2018, 06:14 PM
kris1
Sarnak

Well, I was able to test it a few times...and no luck. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Old 07-28-2018, 07:00 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1 View Post
This seemed kinda self explanatory...but I'm having some trouble...What am I missing?

okay...So I made a custom item. And I'm trying to get 2 of these items to drop every time the target npc is killed.

I found my NPC's "loottable_id" field in the "npc_types" table.

I went to "loottable_entries" and found 4 corresponding "lootdrop_id" rows.

I tracked down each of the 4 "lootdrop_ids" in the "lootdrop_entries" table, where I added a new line, with a new "lootdrop_id" and I added the proper "item_id" for my custom item. I set the "chance" field for "100". the "multiplier" field for "1". I left the "equip_item", "disable_chance", and "minlevel" fields at "0", and the "item_charges" field at "1", the same as the other lootdrop_entries for this npc.

Then back in the "loottable_entries" table, I added a 5th line of my npc's "loottable_id", I added my new corresponding "lootdrop_id", set "multiplier" to "1", "droplimit" to "2", "mindrop" to "2", and "probability" to "100".

I would have thought that was it. I restarted my server, and went to test the kill, and my new loot table did not show up.

What I think happened is that the NPC (in this case Lord Nagafen) was already up, and what he had on him was already decided...and that my assumption that resetting the server would repop him was incorrect. And since the nature of Lord Nagafen is that he doesn't repop very soon, and I am too unfamiliar with the GM commands to make him repop...

SOOOOooo...if anyone can either confirm my suspicions about the Lord Nagafen that was already up not possessing my new loot table regardless of server restart, or tell me where I went wrong in my loot table values, or tell me how to force a repop of the NPC...you can be my friend forever

Or if you want to tell me anything else...LOL
Did you add the new lootdrop_id numbers to the actual lootdrop table?
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 AM
kris1
Sarnak

So, it appears I did not. I cannot logically make sense of this table. What does it do? it contains no information that is not in the other tables?

bah!!! let's see if this works...Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:16 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant

look at the wiki, under plugins and look at the addloot plugin...its more efficient and faster than the traditional loot drops tables.