Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
noctambulous
Fire Beetle

Default crash to login after char creation

hi, every time i create a character on any server, it'll say "entering mines of gloomingdeep" then go to the load screen. after about 5 minutes of sitting at the load screen, it brings me back to the login screen. any suggestions?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
trevius
Developer

Try these if either apply to your system and see if they help at all:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25219
Old 05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Uncheck the tutorial when creating a character. That system doesn't work. If you're using the PEQ database, you can get to the tutorial by hailing the Arias NPC in the starting cities, if you are below level 10.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM
noctambulous
Fire Beetle

sorry, i shouldn't have included the mines of gloomingdeep thing. even if tutorial is unchecked it boots me to login screen after a while

edit - do i need something other than titanium? i thought all i had to do what change eqhost and create the shortcut to eqgame
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
trevius
Developer

I think all characters get the message about gloomingdeep no matter which zone they actually start in. I think it is a client thing and nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, all you need to do in most cases is the shortcut and eqhost.txt file change. Depending on the hardware of your PC, you may have other fixes to apply to get EQ working properly. Did you try any of the suggestions in the thread I linked, or do they not apply to you? Running Vista or a Dual/Quad Core CPU? If so, you need to resolve that problem before you can fix your issue.

Since you are having this problem on all servers you try, and I assume you tried at least 3-5 or so, then that points to it being a client issue meaning there is a problem on your side. You may also have one of the resolution issues and if so, try running in windowed mode or changing your resolution and see if that helps at all.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
noctambulous
Fire Beetle

i don't have a dual core processor, so that can't be it...and i tried changing around resolution and it didn't help. also sometimes it crashes to login screen after attempting to connect with a server, then i get an error message: "error 1017: cannot login to the everquest server. you may need to re-run the update patch"
Old 05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
noctambulous
Fire Beetle

i can also use the explore feature just fine, it's only when i try to enter world when it does this shit
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

sometimes error 1017 will pop up for me and continue to do so for a while and im unable to connect... the problem eventually goes away for me after closing eq totally and just trying over and over. but just to verify you have never fully logged in with this current install?

if your answer is no then i would completly remove titanium with their uninstall and then delete any remnants of the folder that is left behind, then i would re open the guide again and go through it step by step making sure to do everything exactly. dont add anything to the folder no custom uis added ect and see if your able to connect to a server thats popular. if all else fails perhaps your cds are messed up? :/ try it and lemee know
Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
trevius
Developer

May be a video card driver too. Or even some other network problem like you or someone in your house is running a P2P or Torrent program and taking up all of your bandwidth.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:11 AM
grain865
Fire Beetle

hello..the same thing is happening to me on character creation..it says (entering the mines of gloomingdeep)then crashes..however i do have another character that works..using the latest peq installer,and peq update installer..anyone know why my first character works fine,but cant seem to create any others?thx.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
trevius
Developer

Check your server logs. You probably have a problem with your account or character tables.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:21 AM
grain865
Fire Beetle

it was a minilogin error,,i created the character that worked before i installed the database update.although the character worked i couldnt create another character.i just did a fresh install of the peq server pack and didnt update,after creation of a few characters it works good..im afraid if i update it will mess it up again.