Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 AM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default couple of newbie questions.

Greetings everyone. Before I begin I would like to state that I have read the wikki and have been searching this lengthy forum for my questions and have found the answers to some of them but not all. I have a fresh install of Everquest Titanium thats not patched and can log into other EQemulator servers just fine. Unfortunately, my slow internet connection prohibits me from playing for very long on any server, therefore getting my own server up and running is a must.

1. PEQ, The wikki only mentions peq briefly and offers no guides to installing/configuring peq. I was hoping to find a nice little readme file on setting up peq when I downloaded the 2 peq files but didn't. I don't even know where I'm supposed to put these files. I checked out the peq forums but it seems its just geared for bug reports and submissions. If anyone knows of a link that i missed please post here.

2. GloomingDeep, I've noticed on all the servers I checked out that none of them start you in gloomingdeep. I also read a few posts here from other people asking about it. Everyone starts out as a new player, why not give them the benefits of the starting area? Is anyone working on Gloomingdeep? I would gladly donate my unused account code from my EQ cd to the forum admins if someone promises to include Gloomingdeep

Please remember that I'm a player and not a developer when posting replies.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:25 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'll take a stab...

1) PEQ Luclin-RC1 database files (.sql) are to be sourced into MySQL using the MySQL command line tools. This can be found in the WIKI pertaining to Windows70Setup. Same thing, just different data. The Wiki even says "if you are using PEQ, substitute PEQ for EQ" when it comes to configuring the eqemu_config.xml.

2) Gloomingdeep is relatively new to the EQ world, and is not Luclin-friendly, which is the point in which most development ends. There are databases that are beyond Luclin, and custom servers out there, but in general, EqEmu is up to a Luclin state as compared to Live - No starter newbie zone in those days. This is why you do not see it. Plus, it's solely up to the admin of the server if they want to start players there or not.

Hope this helps clear up the live-like state of EQEmu.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:37 AM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default Thanx

Thank you John. I wasnt aware of the separate set up for windows users. So, Gloomingdeep is not part of eqemulator? I'll do some more searching on admin settings then so the players i make on my server will at least have a little cash. Thanx again and wish me luck setting up my server.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 AM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default any of the 9 and 10 yr olds on who got this working?

Ok i did the wikki set up instructions for minilogin and am having trouble connecting. everything loads fine and i get no errors, but when i launch the game my server list window is blank. I dont even see the public servers anymore. the c prompt window labeled 0 server(s), 0 Client(s) says its listening on port 5999. (that port was 5998 when i just wanted to play) it also shows an incoming connection. I'm guessing i just got the port wrong but dont know how to change it. I've tried using both the original shortcut that i made when i was browsing the servers and using the shortcut "Run Everquest" that was created when i installed eqemu. same results.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesaccount
Thank you John. I wasnt aware of the separate set up for windows users. So, Gloomingdeep is not part of eqemulator? I'll do some more searching on admin settings then so the players i make on my server will at least have a little cash. Thanx again and wish me luck setting up my server.
Ive got gloomingdeep dude. Im not doing much right now in gaming so Ill wait till you get set up and understand how to source the zone. When you are there just PM me and Ill send you the files..

EDIT>>>Just thought of something..Might be trouble as the files I have are for 6.2 version..I dont know how many modifications it will take to get it working with the new syle Databases..

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 12-01-2006 at 03:15 PM..
Old 12-01-2006, 07:30 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
No, it is a part of Titanium, and thus will function on the Emulator - but it's not a part of the base PEQ package, and aside from a few custom servers, I haven't seen anyone using Gloomingdeep as a starter zone.

Dr Zauis might have what you need, though. If you're decent with SQL, you should have no problem sourcing in what he'll provide you.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default finally up and running

after 4 days i finally figured out why my server wasnt working. one .exe file (Zones) never loaded everytime i opened Eqemu. For future reference to anyone else (because i never saw it anywhere) i had 3 .exe files running to get my server going. World.exe Zone.exe Eqemu.exe. I did the natfix and didnt need to. i did public server because i couldnt get minilogin to work. i even deleted and redid the whole setup process a few times. i never saw anywhere in the wikki where it says which files must be running.

As for Gloomingdeep, Doc, I'm running both Peq and cavedogs database so it should work just fine.

and, while i have your attention, my server seems a bit buggy and was wondering if what im experiencing is normal. 1, i get a msn pop up window saying World.exe has encountered a problem and must close almost everytime my character zones. 2, just like when i tested the public servers, whenever my character dies i get disconnected. black screen with the words "you have been disconnected" 3, my character has almost a full set of newbie clothes now but i dont see any changes to his appearance.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Glooming deep would be nice to have, as all players would start in the same zone, and this is good for servers with few players.
I actually went into GD on live and started gathering data on everything, as I wanted to spawn the zone. My "packet collector" is a stack of index cards and a pen I have on my desk. I didn't realize how big GD really is, tell i started gathering data.
Maybe Dr Zauis will spare me all the trouble.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

First off, I need to start by saying:

candlesaccount, your last post not only tells that you fixed the problem, but how you fixed it. A very good sign of posting from a new poster. 1 Buffer point for you.

now to your post:

Gloomingdeep is in the server packs as an available zone (#zone tutorialb), but noone has a working implimentation of them from live as far as I have seen. Best bet here is to see if Doc Z has that done (he's pretty good, even if he is a damned dirty ape) or use that zone as your 'testing ground' to get used to setting mob populations/ quests you might want to add later on yourself.

new errors:
1. cleary stolen from another post by someone who knows more than I do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallerin
If your useing Cavedudes installer the data shown in world.exe ends at the loading items. When the world is completely booted up the eqlauch automatically lauches the zones. The world.exe however and zones still put logs in the logs folder in the eqemu. Look in the log folder and find the eqemu_error_world log and see what world is putting in the log file.

i still use the 6.2 client so have not ran into this problem. if you are useing cavedudes auto installer maybe try DLing the binaries of the same version your useing from eqemu DL section and replace the world.exe from the one u just dled with the one in your eqemu folder (backup or rename the current world.exe in your eqemu folder incase it don't work you can revert back).
2. Usually if you die in a zone you are bound in, the server kicks you. If this is the case for you, it is a known issue that is being pondered upon by quite a few of us as we speak. If you are getting disconnected and this isnt the case, then yell back and we will see were it goes from there.

3. Alot of newbie clothes show up with a cloth or blank model, as on live. If you mean a change in their armor worn try with robes, chain/ plate armor and see if they work for you. If so, then its just your items worn atm arent set to be visual. Also note: the hair/ face of PCs are currently still a bit buggy from what I understand. This is because not all of the codes are known for certain aspects of characters. Since its only appearance, and not a crashing error, it is not high on the list of things to fix.

Hope that was something that helped.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default so far...

well i found this error a couple of times in the log files.

[11:30. - 12:36:37] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_0512.log
[11.30. - 12:36:37] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] You must specfify a launcher name as the first argument to this program.

as for the armor. i'll just have to wait till my character has enough money to buy chainmail/leather armor to see if the character model changes when i equip it. (having trouble getting my server to recognise a 2nd (gm)account)

is there a way to override the disconnect on death or am i biting off more than i can chew already?

I gathered the hair and face bug from trying the other publice servers. its become routine to me now to set those each time. small price to pay to play a great game

Last edited by candlesaccount; 12-01-2006 at 06:21 PM..
Old 12-01-2006, 10:50 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Quote:
well i found this error a couple of times in the log files.

[11:30. - 12:36:37] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_0512.log
[11.30. - 12:36:37] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] You must specfify a launcher name as the first argument to this program.
hmm, goto your MySQL Query Browser and look under the launcher table.
see if you have one called zones (under the name field) and how many dynamic zones you want to startup under dynamics ( I recommend at least 1/ each player that might have access + 2 or 3 extra. If not, try adding these in.

I'm not sure if that is what is causing the error, but worth a shot. It might be a simple cause of you not haveing enough dynamics to open a new zone while the other is still active.

Quote:
as for the armor. i'll just have to wait till my character has enough money to buy chainmail/leather armor to see if the character model changes when i equip it. (having trouble getting my server to recognise a 2nd (gm)account)
If you have GM access, do a #search big bag of
this will give you the number for a big bag of platinum, which you can sell during this test phase. (simple destroy the extra coin afterwards)
then do a #si (item number) -- without the parenthesis
sell that bag to a merchant and viola.. lots of coin, oh, be sure to do this AT the armor merchant. As you will be VERY encumbered. hehe

Quote:
is there a way to override the disconnect on death or am i biting off more than i can chew already?
only by not hunting in the zone you are bound in, I tend to recommend for my players to use PoK as a local bind spot until this is fixed. Since it is unlikely they will die there.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I posted this somewhere else, but can't find the link. Another way to fix your face, hair, and I think even armor bits is to target yourself and re-set your #gender (if this is your own server). If not, bald, nude chicks are hot anyway.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
candlesaccount
Sarnak

Default found where, dont know how.

<Quote>hmm, goto your MySQL Query Browser and look under the launcher table.
see if you have one called zones (under the name field) and how many dynamic zones you want to startup under dynamics ( I recommend at least 1/ each player that might have access + 2 or 3 extra. If not, try adding these in.</Quote>

went there. there are 2 listed. the first field in the first entry says name. the error says i must specify a name for that field. problem solved? mysql would let me edit those fields. i cant post a new entry, or edit the existing ones.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 PM
EliteSting
Sarnak

Send me a PM with your MySQL version , EQEMU version , DB name and version , and Perl version, and I'll help you get up and running.