Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Leam
Fire Beetle

Default Charcter screen problems

I am having a problem with 2 serperate account logins not being able to play on a friends EMU Server. I think it is due to me and my gf has the same ip inputed into my friends mysql server account info, when it was created her toons show up on my screen and same for her with my toons. And only 1 of us can log in. If we both try to log in the person who gets in first prevents the other from loging into game. Anyone know the fix for this???? Please help.

My friend is also using the mini login to loginto his server.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
mattmeck

Minilogin is IP based, not account based, tell your friend to run a public server, then lock it so only his friends can get in... Or use one of the many fixes to have minilogin work a different way already posted here.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Leam
Fire Beetle

We tried the server regestration first but the regestration page does not fully load and when you refresh or try to just continue on with regestration you get a database error. Is there somthing that can be done other wise.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leam
I am having a problem with 2 serperate account logins not being able to play on a friends EMU Server. I think it is due to me and my gf has the same ip inputed into my friends mysql server account info, when it was created her toons show up on my screen and same for her with my toons. And only 1 of us can log in. If we both try to log in the person who gets in first prevents the other from loging into game. Anyone know the fix for this???? Please help.

My friend is also using the mini login to loginto his server.
Who logs in from where? if you're friend has the server she can log in via the LAN and use a LAN Ip if you log in from the outside, then you can use what ever IP you get from you ISP. If you are both in the same LAN, then you should have different IPs assigned. The only way you would have the same IP is if you used the same machine? or if two tried to log in from the outside from the same ip/house.
I found this to be the most useful for Mini-Login use;
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showpos...4&postcount=15
You'll need to set up up at a web site though.
I think your problem is in your setup anyways - can you post a log of what's happening?

Last edited by Angelox; 02-25-2007 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leam
We tried the server regestration first but the regestration page does not fully load and when you refresh or try to just continue on with regestration you get a database error. Is there somthing that can be done other wise.
This seems to be working ok - are you sure you have checked your machines for crapware?
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showpos...44&postcount=7
the above links in post will help you tweak your machine and get rid of malware. crapware, etc.