Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:57 AM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Highpass Zone?

Hey all. I'm having a weird issue here. Everyone playing on my server is using the RoF2 client. When attempting to zone into Highpass from East Karana or from High Keep into Highpass, the client goes into a repeated "zoning loop" of attempting to enter "Unknown Zone" and basically keeps doing that until the client does a hard crash out (or reboots the PC) but if you zone in from Kithicor, it takes you into the revamped Highpass like normal.

While the crazy zone looping was happening, it kept saying it was attempting to enter zone '5' in the terminal and some type of error. So I checked the database, and only client_version_mask 3 was set to access zone '5' from eastkarana, highkeep, and kithicor. There were also proper entries for 4294967295 to enter zone '407' from the same zones.

I've been messing with this for days, and even tried outright deleting the zone '5' references, but the client still attempts to enter zone '5' Unknown Zone.

I don't understand why the Kithicor side is working properly but not East Karana or High Keep.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Old 07-20-2019, 07:42 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Not overly sure.

You could start by checking if your zone_points show into 407.

Code:
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1568, 'moors', 0, 20, -1580, -360, 121, 0, 1050, -203, -191, 188, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967295);
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1701, 'eastkarana', 0, 3, -3088, -8339, 693, 0, 1261, 65, -195, 128, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967292);
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1702, 'highkeep', 0, 1, 63, 105, 3.75, 0, -64, -311, -22, 141, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967292);
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1703, 'highkeep', 0, 2, -90, 105, 3.75, 0, -156, -350, -22, 16, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967292);
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1704, 'kithicor', 0, 1, 560, 4890, 693, 0, -1186, 70, -62, 478, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967292);
INSERT INTO `zone_points` (`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`) VALUES (1726, 'oldkithicor', 0, 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1361, 198, -110, 290, 0, 407, 0, 0, 4294967295);
I copied mine as a SQL insert (don't need to query them, but you can read the end and compare (I sorted by target_zone_id and looked for 407).

Outside of that I am guessing your clients have the old highpass maps since a lot of the servers that come up have been utilizing it. (Would need to find the files for the new highpass.

My new highpass client has:
  • highpass_chr.s3d
  • highpass_sndbnk.eff
  • highpass_sounds.eff
  • highpasshold.emt
  • highpasshold.eqg
  • highpasshold.mp3
  • highpasshold.zon
  • highpasshold_chr.txt
  • highpasshold_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

My old highpass client has:
My new highpass client has:
  • highpass_chr.s3d
  • highpass_sndbnk.eff
  • highpass_sounds.eff
  • highpasshold.emt
  • highpasshold.mp3
  • highpasshold.zon
  • highpasshold_chr.txt
  • highpasshold_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

No: highpasshold.eqg
Old 07-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight33 View Post
Hey all. I'm having a weird issue here.
Welcome to the PEQ database whiteknight, where Vivian The True forgets to mention all the things you need to fix in the default db settings. :P

There's several doors, zone_points, etc., that need some attention, but just as an example, a door, like the Nektulos pok stone, in poknowledge, will have 2 different versions to click on in the doors table. One being for the old zone version (common for Titanium client) using a bitmask of 3. Then another for the newer clients, with supporting bitmasks. The one you mentioned is for all bitmasks, but a door or a zone_point can also specify a instance version that it will point to. Usually "0" is the old version and "1" is the new version. It varies, but you would have to go through it all to fine tune it to your preferences.