Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:49 PM
elec2009
Fire Beetle

Default Dragonlance Server for EqEMU

I was wondering if there any coders or others who would like to build a EqEMU server that is Dragonlance based? If so I would need some coders and someone who has the hardware to run the server also would be looking for GM's and testers.

The scope of the server would be to create a Dragonlance based storyline. The server would then be open to everyone or those who are just interested in this.

Looking for postive comments if you see other wyas or other worlds to base it off of please let me know.

Last edited by elec2009; 10-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: updated
Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

what would be defining features of a Dragonlance system/how they would be different from base EQ system?

Just curious...
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
elec2009
Fire Beetle

The Dragonlance system would be quest and story based there would need to be edits of the maps,quests,NPC,Deties and classes and races to reflect those from the dragonlance world I want the world to feel like dragonlance but be able to use the EQ EMU files. I dont know if this can be done I dont know if there is any interest for a dragonlance work or not I figured it would be a fun project. I am not a coder or developer just had this idea it may or may not work but it would be fun to try.

For those of you who wish to try this project with me we would need to have a beta verison so people could play it and test it out.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well tell us more about classes and races in Dragonlance
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Standard D&D fare, with a lot of novels wrote in it.
TSR/WotC at one time used the setting for their "freeform" storyteller roleplaying system, whatever it was called.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonlance

Would be a ton of work to set up, but would be a fun server to run some of the quest lines from pretty much any of the stories.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 PM
elec2009
Fire Beetle

In the first book lets say the Priest type class they all had lost there healing ablities becasue the old gods were either dead or chose not to listen to people anymore. So we could have a quest line for the clerics/priest's to get their healing ablities back have it as a special quest class.

The other classes would be standard..Now paladins in this world were not like you see in WoW or other games they do not have healing powers they are just a differnt type of warrior more of a religous warrior.

Races you have Kenders which are halfling race that love shiniee's,Humans,Elves,Dragonkin,and Dragons

Still in the Planing Stages so I dont knw when we would start or anything
Old 10-15-2011, 11:26 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

IF you want to know what Dragonlance is about I HIGHLY recommend that you read atleast the first 3 books. You will get hooked like I did and read all like 15 or so books multiple times.