Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Charles082986
Sarnak

Default Mercenary Failed to Spawn - m_stat.attack_delay

When attempting to spawn a mercenary, I get a big red block of text indicating a MySQL error.

The error is...

Code:
[Fri Nov 13 22:54:52 2015] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Fri Nov 13 22:54:59 2015] [MySQL Error] 1054: Unknown column 'm_stats.attack_delay' in 'field list' 
[Fri Nov 13 22:54:59 2015] ---  SELECT m_stats.merc_npc_type_id, '' AS name, m_stats.level, m_types.race_id, m_subtypes.class_id, m_stats.hp, m_stats.mana, 0 AS gender, m_armorinfo.texture, m_armorinfo.helmtexture, m_stats.attack_delay, m_stats.STR, m_stats.STA, m_stats.DEX, m_stats.AGI, m_stats._INT, m_stats.WIS, m_stats.CHA, m_stats.MR, m_stats.CR, m_stats.DR, m_stats.FR, m_stats.PR, m_stats.Corrup, m_stats.mindmg, m_stats.maxdmg, m_stats.attack_count, m_stats.special_abilities, m_weaponinfo.d_melee_texture1, m_weaponinfo.d_melee_texture2, m_weaponinfo.prim_melee_type, m_weaponinfo.sec_melee_type, m_stats.runspeed, m_stats.hp_regen_rate, m_stats.mana_regen_rate, 1 AS bodytype, m_armorinfo.armortint_id, m_armorinfo.armortint_red, m_armorinfo.armortint_green, m_armorinfo.armortint_blue, m_stats.AC, m_stats.ATK, m_stats.Accuracy, m_stats.statscale, m_stats.spellscale, m_stats.healscale FROM merc_stats m_stats INNER JOIN merc_armorinfo m_armorinfo ON m_stats.merc_npc_type_id = m_armorinfo.merc_npc_type_id AND m_armorinfo.minlevel <= m_stats.level AND m_armorinfo.maxlevel >= m_stats.level INNER JOIN merc_weaponinfo m_weaponinfo ON m_stats.merc_npc_type_id = m_weaponinfo.merc_npc_type_id AND m_weaponinfo.minlevel <= m_stats.level AND m_weaponinfo.maxlevel >= m_stats.level INNER JOIN merc_templates m_templates ON m_templates.merc_npc_type_id = m_stats.merc_npc_type_id INNER JOIN merc_types m_types ON m_templates.merc_type_id = m_types.merc_type_id INNER JOIN merc_subtypes m_subtypes ON m_templates.merc_subtype_id = m_subtypes.merc_subtype_id WHERE m_templates.merc_npc_type_id = 1 AND m_stats.clientlevel = 65 AND m_types.race_id = 6
[Fri Nov 13 22:54:59 2015] Mercenary failed to spawn!
The client encountering this error is RoF2, according to the #cvs command. The character attempting to hire is a level 65 GM character.
I've done the basic stuff (changing liaisons to class 71 and changing the rule_values), but none of the mercs.sql scripts I've found have corrected this error.

Edit: I found a bunch of required scripts that the guide completely failed to mention. After running those, the issue was resolved.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:28 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Could you please share what scripts you used to correct this? Thank you.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:51 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Change laison to...
If they still need to be changed to 71 someone really needs to fix that in the official database, that has been around forever.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Uleat
Developer

That, I believe, is an intentional setting since peq does not support mercs on their server.

Server dumps are based on their database..so, that's one thing that needs to be enabled if you want them on yours.

Otherwise, everything else is 'supposed' to be up-to-date.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-30-2016, 03:58 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I also did not know this was necro'd post or I would not had replied about it, may not even be an issue anymore.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:42 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Sorry for the necro summon post. Its just that I am still having this exact issue, using latest PEQ base DB on latest code. Ran all the merc SQL and updated Liasons to class 71 etc etc. Still same SQL error as OP had followed with "Mercenary failed to spawn" message.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Uleat
Developer

'Liason' .. 'Laison' .. or .. 'Liaison' - spelling is critical..

Code:
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `class` = '71' WHERE `lastname` LIKE '%Liaison';

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-04-2016, 04:49 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Fixed this and got mercs to spawn (not work but spawn) basically ran any extra merc sql I had in the /utils/sql/svn directory.

2380_optional_merc_data.sql
2380_optional_merc_merchant_npctypes_update.sql
2380_optional_merc_rules.sql
2383_required_group_ismerc.sql

This required some manual tweaks here and there to make it kosher. Then finally I ran the following:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob..._Abilities.sql

So that makes them spawn and follow me around but from there they are morons still and don't do any actions yet. At least this get's it moving in the right direction.