Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Mecurio
Fire Beetle

Default Just another player looking for a Home

I know you all have probably seen thousands of these same threads, but I'm still gonna do it all the same

Recently after taking a month break due to moving I'm looking for a new home server to play on.

- I would really wanna join a socially active server with alot of group play, I don't mind soloing/boxing its just I've always loved EQ for being a social game.

- I have the SoD Client and would like to see more servers incoorperate more of that in their servers, but all in good due time

- I have seen servers like THF, SH, and EZ but I would like a little bit more information

Thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Expletus
Hill Giant

Quote:
- I have seen servers like THF, SH, and EZ but I would like a little bit more information
What information "specifically" are you looking for?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 AM
trevius
Developer

All of the preferred and legends servers (or at least most) have their own websites that include probably anything you would want to know before starting on a server. If you click the view link next to the name of the server on the server list, you can find the website and a little info about the server:

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist

If you want to see some newer zones from after Titanium, you can check out Storm Haven. We just released 4 new SoD zones and 7 TBS zones and also have 5 other zones that are post-titanium. We also have plans to release the entire SoD expansion over the coming months, so you might want to check that out. I don't think many other servers are taking advantage of the post-titanium content yet.

Most of the other preferred and legends servers are worth checking out for sure. You can always start a character on a few of them and see which fits you best. Progressing on most custom servers is quick to start out, so it doesn't take long to get a feel for the server.