Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-01-2014, 09:44 PM
kugbok
Fire Beetle

Default adding expansion field in item DB?

would it be possible to add a field in the item DB that would be expansion based? so i could flag all kunark items and release them when i unlock kunark on my server? i was looking to try and make my live like progression server as user friendly as possible so it can be used by others with similar interest down theroad
Old 12-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Krran
Sarnak

This is actually something I think would be super cool.

But, I think it has been discussed before. Is there something in the item IDs that signifies the items association to a particular expansion?

But yea, I have been playing progression-style on my home server for, like, 6 years, and it is annoying to come by things that are out-of-era.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:24 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

item IDs just suggest when the item was added, so they suggest the era. Lower IDs are older, higher are newer. That also doesn't mean SoE didn't reuse some unused IDs in lower ranges.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:18 AM
kugbok
Fire Beetle

I was more along the lines wondering if there was a way to have the item db have a field added to it and make it so we can go back and manualy add expansion info per item. Unless anyone has a faster idea?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Krran
Sarnak

I can't think of a quick way to go about it off the top of my head. I think such a feature would be useful to people though, including myself.
If you want to get strict about it you would have to disable quests too that give out-of-era items, as well as NPC pops like fabled things.
If I think of a snazzy idea of how to script it or something I will post it, but don't hold your breath, heh.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:31 AM
Tyen05
Discordant

agreed

Also a quest global for when an NPC gives a reward that is "out of era" it will "error" and not give you "out_of_era_loot_00"