Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:48 AM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

Default Game UI's

I'm growing exhausted of every single UI that I try to use fails.
I'm trying to use infiniti UI (or any similar variation of), Titanium client, and the only thing i really want is to have a 2wide 5high hotbar with the inventory attached to it (the bags) and preferably with primary/secondary/range/ammo slot also on it and fancy stat info.

If anyone is using a custom UI with no problems, please give me a little bit of guidance on how to find a working custom UI.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
sorvani
Dragon

archived stuff on eqinterface.com is where i get my pieces. Didn't do much with Titanium though as I upgraded my systems to SoD after a month of being on EQEmu.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

That's what I've tried using, all the things from 2005 (Titanium era) and none of them work for me.

I'd try SoD if I had a way of getting it, but I always digitally bought the expansions and have 9 copies of Titanium from when I used to be multiboxing crazy.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 PM
sorvani
Dragon

All expansions SoD+ are digital purchases only as far as I know. The only legal client you can get is Underfoot from Steam. Only costs $20 unless they run a sale again.

As a much more current client there are more working pieces available on EQInterface.

Pay attention to the EQTitan forums as some users there just initiated a Best of the Best UI contest. Will probably be able to get some good Titanium pieces from that as I know a lot of multi boxers seem to think that client is better than any other client.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Will probably be able to get some good Titanium pieces from that as I know a lot of multi boxers seem to think that client is better than any other client.
MQ2 Support for botting extra boxes. I doubt it's due to a performance difference.

I guess I will give Underfoot a shot. Worse case, if that one doesn't work, I'll find another version to download. I've found one for SoD already. Options never hurt! It just really sucks ass playing without the UI I was so used to back in the day D:
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

And now .. I must wait! Because STEAM doesn't have a bandwith limiter and other people are using Netflix, so I have to wait till they're done! Bleah.. damn you STEAM!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
diriel
Fire Beetle

Default SoD Client UI

I have an SoD compliant UI if you decide you are interested in such a solution. It would probably be easiest for me to email you a screenie if you would like to see it.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

I'm contemplating to just pay someone to get me a working Infiniti UI. I'm not paying a monthly subscription, so I'd have no problems with paying for someone to make a working version of the Infiniti UI.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:14 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeKatt View Post
I'm contemplating to just pay someone to get me a working Infiniti UI. I'm not paying a monthly subscription, so I'd have no problems with paying for someone to make a working version of the Infiniti UI.
send me a PM with your e-mail and i'll send you a UI that i have installed that i believe you would be interested in. it has the horizontal hotbars and the window with the bags and slots...
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 AM
trevius
Developer

I have some SoF UIs here:
http://stormhavenserver.com/mediawik...Custom_SoF_UIs

And some SoD UIs here (that may also work on UF):
http://stormhavenserver.com/mediawik...Custom_SoD_UIs

There are some SoD and Titanium ones here as well:
(link removed)

Last edited by trevius; 05-06-2011 at 09:10 PM..
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

related question...
I am perfectly fine with default UI, but I wouldn't mind changing the spell Icons...
I suppose I am looking for those .tga files, what is a good program to view and edit them?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 PM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
related question...
I am perfectly fine with default UI, but I wouldn't mind changing the spell Icons...
I suppose I am looking for those .tga files, what is a good program to view and edit them?
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

http://www.getpaint.net/
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
There are some SoD and Titanium ones here as well:
(link removed)
Isnt that a MQ link?

Thx dude u just raped my cherry
Old 05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
diriel
Fire Beetle

I tried to down load one of the earlier infinity UIs and it says file not found. Not real sure I care to weed out a few thousand lines of code (possibly) from a 2011 ui to get it to function in SoD'ish EQEMU. There were some truly HUGE jumps from the 2003 - 2005ish UIs when SoD came out.... I had to had a ton of code to my Pet Window to get it to function again.

Few points of note...although i had my ui stacked Vert...you can run it across the bottom or top...i have a couple of peeps using it who do that. Sorry if this is of no help. But it could easily take a full day or even a couple days to really weed it out and get it fully functional ...for me at least. Now, I am sure there are a few XML super guru's would could just Whip It Out.

If anyone can shoot me an Infinity from 2008 / 2009 ish time frame I would be willing to look at it.

GShep