Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-17-2016, 09:01 AM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

Default Possible to add augment to loot items?

Can you have a perl script add augments to an item it is adding to a mob when it spawns? If have tried and repeatedly failed to get this to happen lol. I am to the point if someone more knowledge would want to write a quest to do the below please send me a message. I would be willing to work out a donation for the code and time spent.

Below obviously is just what I am looking for in layman’s terms not actual code:

When a mob spawns I want a perl quest that fires to add an item to the mob. I want the item added to have random augments inserted into the item. In the zone folder I will name the quest the mobs name but there are different variations of the mob so I need it to trigger different items for each unique npc type id.

Code:
sub EVENT_SPAWN
1 in 10 chance to trigger 
if npc id = XXX
add random item from list (1, 4) to npc to loot
if 1
add random augment (69, 72, 81) to aug slot 1
add random augment (69, 72, 81) to aug slot 2
add random augment (69, 72, 81) to aug slot 3
add random augment (69, 72, 81) to aug slot 4
add random augment (91, 94, 96) to aug slot 5
add random augment (100, 142, 214) to aug slot 6
if 4
add random augment (45, 75, 81) to aug slot 1
add random augment (45, 75, 81) to aug slot 2
add random augment (45, 75, 81) to aug slot 3
add random augment (45, 75, 81) to aug slot 4
add random augment (45, 75, 81) to aug slot 5
add random augment (100, 142, 214) to aug slot 6
if npc id = XXX
add random item from list (6, 9) to npc to loot
**repeating as many times as needed**
Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

So no one can even answer the question of if this is possible or not? :(
Old 10-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

With an attitude like that, ain't noone gonna help you.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
With an attitude like that, ain't noone gonna help you.

lol how is that an attitude? please look through all my post and try and find me ever getting an attitude. Pro tip: see the sad face at the end. That helps you determine the emotion the text was written with.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Source change would be necessary (from what I recall from the last time I looked at the source which is currently unavailable to me) to accomplish what you want in the way that you want.

However, if you wanted to handle this at EVENT_LOOT level, then yes, it should be very well possible using Perl. The only immediate downside I can think of it, is, it may cause a "blip" of the item while on cursor, where it temporarily disappears, but then reappears. Hell it may not even be noticeable.

Basically, it would entail allowing the player to loot the item (and it would need to be LORE, more on this later), which kicks off EVENT_LOOT (player.pl in the zone this special circumstance belongs, or global_player.pl if it could be multiple zones for simplicity of code management), logical comparison of item looted, if qualifying item, nuke it, then
Code:
$client->SummonItem(item_id, charges, attune, aug1, aug2, aug3, aug4, aug5)
With the applicable augment itemid(s) being passed. However, the "tricky" part or at least involving more Perl code is, if they DONT loot with a "left click", thus placing it directly into their inventory. This is why I say, the item would need to be LORE, at least with currently available exported Perl commands. I -suppose- there is a way around that as well, handling the "LORE" type of features through Perl as well. That would involve looking at the players inventory (carried, bank, shared bank) for the item, then essentially checking to see if they already have that item, with the augment the randomization code (in Perl) wishes to place on the item, exists. Then, what do you do from there? Nuke it altogether and say "Sorry you already have that item." or have another go at the randomization until it settles on an augmentation scheme that doesn't already exist in inventory.

TBH, I think most would likely settle on simply modifying the loot tables, so that the NPC has the item (100%), then handle the randomization of the augment through the loot table as well. Then just let the player add the augments. If you want to force stats, then just create an item with those stats from the get go.

I know Kingly recently added (I think it was him, my apologies to the dev if it wasnt him that did it) IsAugment() or maybe it was IsAugmented() which the latter making a little more sense imo. However, I'm not sure a Perl/LUA export exists to find just WHICH augments are on an item. I'd have to look at the source, as http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Ultimate_Perl_Reference hasn't received an update in awhile.

TL;DR - With source code changes, yes. With just Perl, perhaps.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Source change would be necessary (from what I recall from the last time I looked at the source which is currently unavailable to me) to accomplish what you want in the way that you want.

However, if you wanted to handle this at EVENT_LOOT level, then yes, it should be very well possible using Perl. The only immediate downside I can think of it, is, it may cause a "blip" of the item while on cursor, where it temporarily disappears, but then reappears. Hell it may not even be noticeable.

Basically, it would entail allowing the player to loot the item (and it would need to be LORE, more on this later), which kicks off EVENT_LOOT (player.pl in the zone this special circumstance belongs, or global_player.pl if it could be multiple zones for simplicity of code management), logical comparison of item looted, if qualifying item, nuke it, then
Code:
With the applicable augment itemid(s) being passed. However, the "tricky" part or at least involving more Perl code is, if they DONT loot with a "left click", thus placing it directly into their inventory. This is why I say, the item would need to be LORE, at least with currently available exported Perl commands. I -suppose- there is a way around that as well, handling the "LORE" type of features through Perl as well. That would involve looking at the players inventory (carried, bank, shared bank) for the item, then essentially checking to see if they already have that item, with the augment the randomization code (in Perl) wishes to place on the item, exists. Then, what do you do from there? Nuke it altogether and say "Sorry you already have that item." or have another go at the randomization until it settles on an augmentation scheme that doesn't already exist in inventory.

TBH, I think most would likely settle on simply modifying the loot tables, so that the NPC has the item (100%), then handle the randomization of the augment through the loot table as well. Then just let the player add the augments. If you want to force stats, then just create an item with those stats from the get go.

I know Kingly recently added (I think it was him, my apologies to the dev if it wasnt him that did it) IsAugment() or maybe it was IsAugmented() which the latter making a little more sense imo. However, I'm not sure a Perl/LUA export exists to find just WHICH augments are on an item. I'd have to look at the source, as http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Ultimate_Perl_Reference hasn't received an update in awhile.

You took the words right out of my mouth, it must've been while you were kissing meeeeeee.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:42 AM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post

Code:

I was afraid it would lean more toward source code. I probably should have figured this part out before I made 2,000 unique augments for a Diablo style loot server lol. Got excited before understanding how augments work. I assumed if there was code to make #augmentitem work then you could just some how make that fire in a perl quest. Which probably just shows my ignorance with the whole process as I try and learn and piece stuff together. Thank you very much for the reply and back to the drawing board.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Can always add the item using $client->SummonItem though.

Code:
 sub EVENT_LOOT{

if($itemid == x)

$client->NukeItem(itemnum)

$client->SummonItem($item_id, charges, attune, aug1, aug2, aug3, aug4, aug5)
}

Then add an array for each 5 augments with a random chance to apply by passing $aug1, $aug2, $aug3, $aug4, $aug5.

Note: This is just an example, but that's totes how i'd do it.

Or if you really want to make this "Diablo Style"

Add an NPC that will identify magic items and set tyhem from an NPC, and just provide the unidentified item as a shit item.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Then add an array for each 5 augments with a random chance to apply by passing $aug1, $aug2, $aug3, $aug4, $aug5.

Yep, pretty much as explained above. However, when coding, I always try to think of "what can the player do to screw this up?"

And the immediate one I can think of, as mentioned above, is if they do a right click (immediate) loot, making the item land in their inventory. But, this should be an issue if the item itself is LORE. That is likely the route I would go, rather than having Perl handle the traits of a "LORE" like item, as it just makes an already complex way to handle giving items/augments (in my humble opinion) more complex.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

Quote:
Can always add the item using $client->SummonItem though.

Code:
 sub EVENT_LOOT{

if($itemid == x)

$client->SummonItem($item_id, charges, attune, aug1, aug2, aug3, aug4, aug5)
}

Or if you really want to make this "Diablo Style"

Add an NPC that will identify magic items and set tyhem from an NPC, and just provide the unidentified item as a shit item.
Awesome info. This may help me make what I am trying possible. Thank you very much
Old 10-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

In diablo, there were no lore items or lore augments remove lore and gucci.

Except Wirt's leg, but let's be honest, Wirt was a jerkoff.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
In diablo, there were no lore items or lore augments remove lore and gucci.

Except Wirt's leg, but let's be honest, Wirt was a jerkoff.
Well, the implementation of making the item lore, is to make handling easier (dare I say possible, without source changes/additions). Otherwise, with NukeItem you could quite possibly/easily nuke the unintended item.

The following assumes the item is lore, has not been tested, as I don't have Perl on the computer I'm on atm:

Code:
sub EVENT_LOOT {
	@eligibleitemidarray = (1,4); ## we could iterate through the keys of the hash each time but, technicaly more extensive load
	if ($itemid ~~ @eligibleitemidarray) {
		my %h = (
			1 => [[69,72,81],[69,72,81],[69,72,81],[69,72,81],[91,94,96],[100,142,214]],
			4 => [[45,75,81],[45,75,81],[45,75,81],[45,75,81],[45,75,81],[100,142,214]]
		);
		if (quest::ChooseRandom(1..10) < 10) { 
			$client->NukeItem($itemid);
			$client->SummonItem($itemid, 0, 1, ($h{$itemid}[0][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[0]) - 1 ))]),
			($h{$itemid}[1][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[1]) - 1 ))]),
			($h{$itemid}[2][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[2]) - 1 ))]),
			($h{$itemid}[3][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[3]) - 1 ))]),
			($h{$itemid}[4][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[4]) - 1 ))]),
			($h{$itemid}[5][quest::ChooseRandom(0..((scalar @{$h{$itemid}}[5]) - 1 ))]));
		}
	}
}
Code:
@eligibleitemidarray
I choose to do a smart match on a predefined array/list of applicable item numbers, as iterating through the hash with every looting may be a little more taxing on the server. Who's to say though, and it would definitely depend on how far you may expand things in the future.

It's not clean (i.e. could use some clean up), but, should at the very least give you an idea of how you could go about things.

Now, if:

Code:
quest::addloot()
Could be expanded upon, to include augments, then what you want to do would be possible via scripting and would allow for universal "usage", that is to say, would/could be a useful change for everyone and not just your situation. (hint wink Kingly?)
Old 10-19-2016, 01:31 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

so running with the idea that a generic sword named "unidentified sword" drops and they have to take it to an npc to get it identified. is this how you would set up your array to spit out an item with augments in it. .Hopefully I understood what you were trying to say was possible.

Code:
{
	if($itemid == x)
	{

my @add_aug1 = ('1000', '1001', '1005', '1007')

my @add_aug2 = ('5000', '5001', '5005', '5007')

my $random = int(rand 4);

my $aug1 = $add_aug1[$random];

my $aug2 = $add_aug2[$random];

$client->SummonItem(XXX, 0, 1, $aug1, $aug2)
	}
}
Old 10-19-2016, 01:47 PM
ghanja
Dragon

If you take to an NPC, I would just have the player trade the item, then summon it to the players cursor (the augmented version).
Old 10-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

That looks like a general concept.

Run with it!