Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:38 AM
spider661
Discordant

Default item reuse countdown?

you know how when you drink a potion it goes gray and you can see when you can use it again?

can i do this with items like healing charms? i tryed setting it to the same type as a potion and it just says expandable now and sounds like your drinking something but does not gray out.. i did the same with the orb from the umbra orb spell and it worked im guessing becuase it had charges rather then infant cast? anyway is there a way to do this?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 AM
trevius
Developer

When I was first making clicky items on my server, I know one of the settings I changed cause them to do that timer and even global timer refresh thing. But I was making alot of changes at the time and changed things and haven't ever figured out how to get it back lol. Though, it would be nice.

Probably if I messed with it for a while, I could get it working again. If anyone else knows exactly what to set for the refresh timer to be displayed on the item, I would like to know as well
Old 08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
So_1337
Dragon

For our server, #zone is disabled and we use an NPC to translocate people from the Nexus. So to get to the Nexus, everyone starts with a Kobold Skull Charm with the effect of "The Nexus" on it.

Code:
### This creates an item with Nexus Gate ###
UPDATE items SET casttime = 10000 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET casttime_ = 10000 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clicktype = 4 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clicklevel = 1 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clickeffect = 2734 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET recastdelay = 60 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET maxcharges = -1 WHERE id = 59943;
INSERT INTO starting_items VALUES (179,0,0,0,0,59943,1,0,0);
I'm not sure exactly which one of those does it, but I believe that it's either clicktype or clickeffect. This will display the refresh timer on the item. Not a countdown, but a list of the total cooldown time. Best I can do. The item was originally modeled on Al`Kabor's Propylon of the Nexus, if you'd like something different to analyze.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
spider661
Discordant

ya all that did was make it say reuse timer not meet.. thats not giving me the gray countdown.. and i need it to be clickable from any slot not only equipped..

i went today and set item type from 0 - 30 and still did not work.. anyone know the answer to this?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:26 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
Code:
UPDATE items SET casttime = 10000 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET casttime_ = 10000 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clicktype = 4 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clicklevel = 1 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET clickeffect = 2734 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET recastdelay = 60 WHERE id = 59943;
UPDATE items SET maxcharges = -1 WHERE id = 59943;
I know it's a little off topic, but I just wanted to point out a much simpler (read faster) query:
Code:
UPDATE items SET 
	casttime = 10000, 
	casttime_ = 10000, 
	clicktype = 4, 
	clicklevel = 1, 
	clickeffect = 2734, 
	recastdelay = 60, 
	maxcharges = -1 
WHERE id = 59943;
On topic, I wonder if it's the clicktype? What we know from the Wiki:
Quote:
clicktype

* Enter the number for the clicktype
o 1 = Item can be casted from anyslot (Main Inventory).
o 2 = Isn't used (As far as I can tell)
o 3 = Item can be casted from anyslot (Main Inventory).
o 4 = Item must be equipted to cast effect. (In my experience, type 4 means the effect works on self only)
o 5 = Seems to involve poisening a weapon. (In my experience, type 5 means the effect works on target)
Just a thought...

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Thanks for the tip =) Still learning all of this, and pointers like that help a ton!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:11 AM
trevius
Developer

Click type 4 just makes it required to be equiped in order to click it. I have some items set that way and I don't think they get the cool greyed out timer effect. I almost think that the greyed out effect only works under certain circumstances. And I don't mean certain settings. If anything, I think it could possibly be Recast Type. I know that it is used for setting global cooldowns for items with the same recast type, so you can't cast 2 items with the same recast type until the last cooldown you used is reset.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:21 AM
spider661
Discordant

to you think if you have more then 1 item with the same recast type then it may give the grayed out effect and not when you only have 1?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

they greying out effect simply dissapeared from EMulator over last year.
when i was making my first clicky items back in 07 - I saw it - now its simply GONE.
as far as numbers for clicky types go, the primary diffirence is:

1 - anyone from inventory
3 - SPECIFIED CLASS ONLY from inventory
4 - specified class only equped into specified slot

all of them can be self only or targetable
note that items marked as potions ALWAYS self only
Old 08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
trevius
Developer

I don't think they disappeared from the emu. I know mine were working when I first made my server in January this year. That is why I said I think it only works under certain circumstances. I know for sure that I was able to click them multiple times and they all got the cooldown effect after I first created them. But then after that point, the next time I started the server, they haven't ever done it again. So, I am wondering if maybe it only works right after you create an item, and then never again. My best guess is that there needs to be a table created to track cooldowns of items and probably some code to handle it. I bet they work right after they are created for the first time, because they assume there is a table, but when no table to track them is found, they just stop working from that point on.

That makes sense to me anyway, and is the only way I can explain why it seems to act the way that it does. Everyone seems to see the effect when they first use clicky items with cooldowns on their server for the first time after making the server and then never again.

This would be a cool feature to get fixed in the emu.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
spider661
Discordant

i would be happy with making a table to track the cooldowns and then just telling the player its usable again.. where is item click tracking done in the server code.. maybe we can just work out a message.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:42 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

it is posible its conected to all timers of same type actualy having same reuse time.

in other words:
you have clicky item A with effect B with recast type 1, and recast time 55 sec

now

you have clicky item C with effect D with recast type 1, and recast time other than 55 sec

since they BOTH have recast type 1 - their reuse timer is SHARED and which ever number is greater- thats the actual timer.

which means if you have zillion items of this type with 0 sec recast but have 1 with 77 minutes- recast timer should be 77 min for AL items.

folowing this logic - if you ever have a diffirent recast time for items that share timer type- the greying out effect is not shown.

so the potential solution is to make sure than ALL items using recast type X have identical recast time.

note- all above are pure speculation based on previous observations of item behavior =)
Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default On a related note . . .

Learning a lot from this thread that I will need to know going forward. But still have some questions. Like, where does the code for a clicky item go? Is this a perl script? Does it go into the source folder? How should it be named? Etc. Also . . .

I need to make it so that a certain item on my server, when worn, turns the player invisible to other players, and when clicked spawns a mob or two. Is the "worn" part a quest script, or is it part of the item code? And if so, what exactly is it? And how would I get the clicky part working? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Disregard my questions till I read through the wikki article . . . unless, of course, I asked something you know I won't find there
Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
trevius
Developer

Use GeorgeS Item Editor and with that it is pretty clear what needs to be done.