Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Kravings
Fire Beetle

Default Revolution

Revolution--

Premise: The world has been torn since the fall of the Grand Republic. New factions have arisen, all trying to claim the land left behind by the republic. Which faction will you join and assist them with conquering the world?

This is a very different server from what you have seen before. Let me start off by explaining how I see this server going. It is going to be a very player driven world. All the actions made by players will shape the world and its future.

This server would rely heavily on player population and their ability to manage their faction and work as a team.

With all the being said this server is a RP, PVP, and PVE server.

- Role Playing: There are no NPC’s here besides the ones that will help you getting started with choosing a city. All things that would normally be controlled by NPC’s will now have to be done by players. Banking. (If you choose to do it.) Trading. (More to come on this later on.) Etc.

- Player vs. Player: Want to conquer the world? Then you will need to defeat other players to do it!

- Player vs. Environment: Not the PVP type? While you won’t be completely immune to PVP there is something for you as well. There are PVE zones that would allow you to kill and salvage things for supplies that are needed to craft better gear for your faction.

Moving on. Factions. At any given time there can be 4 different factions battling for control over the world. The starting factions will be as follows:
- Loyalist’s
- Militia
- Bishop’s Elite
- Rebel’s
Each of these factions is leaderless. If you are the first to join the faction, you do not automatically become leader. The leader is chosen by the players. They can only be elected by 5+ different players voting for them. If someone else is leader, you can band together with friends and plan to assassinate and overtake the faction. (More on this later.)

Currency and Economy. Since there are no NPC’s to trade with, the days of the “Virtual” currency are gone. Currency is now physical and each faction will have their own set of coins. The only thing that is remaining the same is the “Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum” names. Your faction will be responsible for what the conversion rate is. For example, in EQ, 10 Copper = 1 Silver. If your leader wants 50 Copper to equal 1 Silver, so be it. Players can buy, sell, and trade items using this new in game currency method. Having a treasurer in your faction may or may not be a good idea.

Crafting. Since there are no NPC’s and you can’t just go buy your gear from an NPC’s, tradeskills are necessary. However, nothing needs to be classified as “Blacksmith Only” or “Tailor Only” everyone can craft everything. In fact, there will be 1 general crafting table in each town. However, if you do not practice crafting, then don’t be expect to be able to craft the best stuff and go right into battle. Tradeskills levels are the only that are really going to matter here. Become more experienced in crafting, and be able to craft better stuff!

Player vs. Environment. Long gone are the days where you have to fear a snake, bat, or a rat killing you. These are creatures that simply killed now by stepping on them. The only reason they are really here is for you to collect supplies from them. So, sharpen you pitchforks and go kill some creeps! With that being said, there needs to be some danger when doing combat in PVE. Even though you are able to kill a snake easily, what if the snake is poisonous and you get bitten by it? You might now be POISONED! Using snakes as an example. Not all snakes are poisonous, however, not all snakes have the same type of poison either. Some snake bites have the ability to slow your movement. Some have the ability to slowly kill you, and some can even quickly kill you. I will get more into poisons and diseases later.

Death. I am still in a debate with myself regarding death. On one hand I want death to be permanent. Once you die, your character is dead, and you must create a new one. Losing everything including your character’s name. I think this provides a sense of realism and the will to survive. On the other hand, should I allow character to be able to keep their name but lose their titles, ranks, coin, etc… One thing I am certain about is the fact that chances are, if you die, you will lose your stuff to the enemy that killed you.

Gear. Gear is created by the players, for the players. If you are able to get out into the wild and gather some supplies, you may attempt to craft it yourself, or sell it to your factions merchant/crafter. Starting out, you will have a Cloth Shirt, Cloth Pants, Shoes, and a Walking Stick. With these starting items you must find a way to survive.

Factions. As stated before, I would go into this again. Factions can be defeated. If all members of a faction are defeated, including the leader, the faction will be disbanded and a new leaderless faction will take its place. However, each faction is not safe from itself. In every country you hear about, someone is planning to kill someone in power, so they can have the spot. It’s human nature, what do people with power want? More power. So I have decided to allow this to happen. If you are a leader of a faction, it may be wise to hire some private security to protect you from these possible threats, and as a leader, it might be wise to treat your faction fairly, so you don’t have to keep looking over your shoulder.

Diseases and Poisons. This was a tricky thing to think about. I have made this a very important thing on this server. If you are either diseased or poisoned, if you wait, it doesn’t just go away. If you don’t find a cure for it, chances are, you are going to die. So it might be worth the trouble in finding ways to create cures with crafting! Although this is not a disease or a poison, it is very important that I mention this. Bleeding is real. In PVE and PVP combat, If you are hit by an enemy, there is a good chance you could start bleeding. Bleeding is real, you can die very quickly if it is not taken care of. However, I have made bandages fairly easy to come by. So take heed!

Spells and Magic. I know this is on everyone’s mind if you are still reading this to here. At this time, I do not plan to incorporate spells or magic. Items like bandages and vaccines/herbs used in healing might have clicky effects to stop diseases, but I don’t count that as magic. Like I said before. This is a very different attempt at a server.

Surviving. I don’t really have any advice for surviving as I have not tried to yet, although I am sure players will get the hang of it rather quickly. Remember this though, you do not start with food, and being hungry and thirsty can kill you as well.

*** If you have any questions regarding anything listed here, or would like me to go into further detail regarding any of these topics posted. Please, just ask. I am also open to suggestions, do you think you have an idea that would make any of these topics better? Post them too! I am curious to read people’s thoughts AND ideas.

Best regards,
Kravings