Good news everyone!
I have fixed a problem I was having when trying to setup a new server with local login. It was working fine on my internal network but I was having trouble getting outside accounts to connect.
Before I post my fix, I would just like to thank EVERYONE in the EQemu community from the bottom of my heart.
I had tried using the instructions for setting up my server about a year ago before the automated server setup was created. It took me about a month of crying and pulling my hair out (while I am fine with servers and networks, my database skills are still at 1). I managed to get it working, but just. Never really worked "right".
This Friday I was missing EQ so came here to see if there were any advancements and sure enough the automated server software had been created.
I quickly started work and by Friday evening I was everquesting again.
Over the weekend, me and my wife logged about 40 hours on the new server, I kid you not. We had the greatest of times!
Again, I can not thank you all enough!
Ok, so back to the fix. I had followed the guide from http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...ctions-windows
In this guide, if you follow the instructions for setting up the login locally, it will work fine on the internal network but the people on the outside will be able to see the server, but will fail to log in completely and will receive the need to patch message.
This is what I found.
These 2 lines are omitted from the eqemu_config.xml from the stock automated setup and need to be put back in.
However, if you look at the instructions, the author shows that those two lines looks like:
The problem is, the <address></address> needs to be your EXTERNAL address and NOT your local one.
I corrected this and everything works fine, inside and out.
Thanks again SOOO much for all the hard work you guys have put in.