Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Vet AAs, shorten reuse ?

Was hoping someone had a quick and dirty code to reduce the reuse on all vet aas. They're not granted to everyone on live by default, but they are here so was hoping there was an easy way to just grab all of them and set reuse timer to like an hour or 2.

We're doing great with the server and everyone's getting more addicted as they play even if at level 1 they said they hated it lol. That's more about controls vs new games though. But, no one is going to play a cleric, and though we can have clr mercs, it'll be a while before anyone will be able to summon corpses on demand to be rezzed. I know in such a small server there's not the usual advantages to guild lobby, it's just an empty zone with corpse summoner, so exp rec is best way I think to overcome the issue without just removing death penalty. I turned off losing items on death because that can really get annoying even though the guys are used to games with that penalty, this is a much bigger world to try to get back to your stuff naked.

Anyway, while people are not on the server, for the first time since I launched it, I'd like to get that fixed and restarted so I don't have to kicked all for it to take effect later.

Also, is there some way without installing all the software, that I can get all the codes put together in one file on another computer I want to put in, then just transfer with a thumb drive to server when ready to implement? Like, a simple notepad txt file that could be copy and pasted into mysql or something to update all at once.

I did try to make a server on my main computer last night while internet was faster, to work on things, like a testserver, but this computer also returned a no internet connection error despite turning firewalls off etc. Only 1 computer a win7, and a vm on xp64, even let me connect to install. The xp64 one was giving the win32 errors and I'm guessing that's bc xp not supported. Couldn't even get beware or virtualbox to install on main pc to try that way, though I don't have the space for another OS really. So, I wanna try to get the code figured out offline and away from server then just transfer and pop it all in at once. Servers being run away from any desks so have to move it to do stuff, and it's a netbook so little more awkward to work on for longer periods, typing in particular.

Anyway yeah...vet aas is big hope atm, but it'd be great to compile all the changes I want on main pcready to just pop on the server at times like this when I won't interrupt people playing. I wanna enable fabled too but without being able to mass update, I just keep bookmarking pages to look at later instead of finishing one thought and moving to the next
Old 03-30-2018, 02:13 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

In database:

First - altadv_var table - look at value under skill_id

Second - aa-actions table (look for same value under aaid)

Third - Look at value under reuse_time (and adjust)

One example - Expedient Recovery has skill_id of 1374 and reuse_time of 590400

Note: aa_ability table has an enable value to enable 1 or disable 0

As for what else your doing with that transfer thing, you will have to install the necessary programs
on the new puter to get it all running. Then you can transfer your EQ server folder over and source
in a backup of your database. (You can use eqemu_server.pl script) to back it up.
(if that's your intentions)
Old 03-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

ok thanks. took me a minute to figure out the unit for the timer 'cause 590400 seemed awful long even in seconds, but it works out to the 164hr timer listed on my server (i thought reuse was only 2.5-3days though not almost a week)

so could i just install say mysql and copy the folder so i have the correct db's etc, or do i have to install everything plus any editors? thought there would at least be a way to write a script to run all the codes in sql from a list that i could make with just 1 program even if its not as simple as notepad. the more involved stuff i know will be...more involved lol. i mean i have found big lists (like when i was looking for defiant drop info) of codes to stick in, but in that case they were all missing the db and need to be edited there, plus edit the droprate in them etc, and then run, but i didnt know if the whole list could then just be pasted into sql prompt or 1 line at a time.

when im not doing the major stuff like editing stats/drops etc of mobs in late expacs and whatnot, i just wanna find a good way to compile all the lines i find in my searching in one place to run at once rather than just doing 1 at a time and shutting server down multiple times, as im doing a lot of minor tweaks as i think of things, that people have already tweaked and shared, and then activate them all at one time. the bigger stuff ill be happy to do with everything installed etc once i get past all these little things. so can i just do that, paste them in txt and edit numbers, then run it all at once, or paste each line 1 at a time? talkign about update `peq` such and such this and that where blah is blah=blah next code.

sorry im a PITA
Old 03-30-2018, 03:24 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Option 1 :

If you are going to use the mariadb, just use that installer to install everything, then
move your database over to that install. (The easiest way)

Option 2:

IF you don't plan on using Akka's installer :

You're going to need a few things installed. which you can find them in the zip(rar) that
you downloaded to install the server (Akka's installer) Just extract it all into a folder and
pick out what you need.

Perl. - You need to install perl, THEN, grab that perl folder from akka's installer and replace
the C:/perl folder with it. (if that's where it's installed). It has the DBI in it.

MySQL - You need to install that as well.

You will also need two other installs from that folder. vcredist_x86.exe & vcredist_x86_2012.exe
(You need those for the server to run.)

You will know when you have achieved accomplishment, but not until you find yourself
"I'm not going to pull my hair out"
"I'm not going to......"
"WTF, why am I bald?"
Old 03-30-2018, 03:45 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post

You will know when you have achieved accomplishment, but not until you find yourself
"I'm not going to......"
"WTF, why am I bald?"
yeah lol. Though Im not so sure it wont be you guys pulling your hair out over my questions moreso

i dont wanan run the server on my main pc, at least not until im doing major things like filling out TBS-RoF, and that wont be until i get everythign already here adjusted. the everyday stuff you run across like oh i should alter that just a little or hmm i thougth that was already turned on (mercs, defiant, vetaa reuse, fableds, etc) then ill get itno the muddy dirty it's-not-already-there-to-copy-and-paste stuff.

Just want to right now, grab all the bits of sql code that edits the db, put it in one file i can transfer ot the server, and know if i can paste them all at once (with or without 2line spacing) or if from there i just have to paste 1 line at a time. I have to edit the code for durations and rates, but thats jsut changing numbers the rest is alreayd written and posted on here in one place or another. aslo, in the code i see some do caps on UPDATE, WHERE, etc along with using `` and '', and other just do all lowercase and skip the `` part and just use ''. do both methods work then? or is there an advantage to one over the other, other than less typing lol.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

As long as your queries are in the correct order, you can execute as many statements at once as you want. Doesn't matter if you paste them all into a terminal connection or a GUI or import them from a command line. It's also a great way to hose things pretty badly if you make a mistake.

Moving your data from one database installation to another is fairly simple, and commonly done this way:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mysqldump/
Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Great, thanks a ton concrete. Just what I needed to know right now, the rest is research for later or ongoing stuff. This will help a lot.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:35 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I usually use this backup statement. (it keeps the "views", etc) but I use MySQL.
mysqldump --routines -u root -ppassword nameofpeqdb > peqdbbackup.sql
Old 03-30-2018, 04:42 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Missed the question about case and quotations. It's always best to assume case matters, even if it doesn't. Keywords (SELECT, DROP, etc) in SQL normally aren't case sensitive, but the minute you start thinking the same applies everywhere else (read: scripting, most places on linux) is when you get into trouble.

As far as quotes vs backticks, here are some answers:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ticks-in-mysql
Old 03-30-2018, 05:11 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ncrete View Post
Missed the question about case and quotations. It's always best to assume case matters, even if it doesn't. Keywords (SELECT, DROP, etc) in SQL normally aren't case sensitive, but the minute you start thinking the same applies everywhere else (read: scripting, most places on linux) is when you get into trouble.
Haha, I know what you mean there. I have a linux box, but spend more time on my windows
box now. So when I "rarely" get on the linux, I forget about the case.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:35 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

oh and i think i read this somewehre but idk where...shortening vetaa reuse timers...the buttons dont refresh to match. has anyone fixed this? i found that there have been a few things (merc upkeep and suspend, and vetaas) that ive tried to change timers, where there were 2 different entries for the same timer with 2 different values. however even though changing both made the merc tiemrs work, they have been a little buggy. in certain zones (ecommons in particular) get spammed with upkeep messages every second, even though i extended upkeep to 30minutes, but if zone elsewhere the spam goes away.

and of course the vetaa buttons are staying red long after the new timers. the timer shortened on mercs isnt buggy, the timer lengthened is, and shortened timers on vetaas arent repopping buttons so, cant be used heh. im guessing there are more dependencies somewehre with the buttons, the mercspam is zonespecific though.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:43 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

In rule_values table (with merc entries), those rule_values have an ID value. (1, 10, etc).
If you notice in the "zone" table, there is a column to set each zone to what ruleset
it's going to use. My own preference is to edit all the rule_values to just use one ruleset
and I set all zones to simply just use that one ruleset.
As for what's happening with your reuse timers, I have no idea what's up.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:23 AM
greyfox8888
Fire Beetle

I have the same AA timer issue as Tegila.

In the database I looked up Expedient Recovery which has a skill_id of 1374 in the altadv_var table and changed the spell_refresh value to 10. Then found aaid 1374 in the aa-actions table and changed the reuse_time to 10. Restarted the server and tested it out. But the reuse on Expedient Recovery is still the default.

Are these AA reuse timers calculated client side?
Has anyone had any luck with reducing/altering the reuse times of AA's?
Old 09-30-2018, 03:12 PM
loglos
Sarnak

This is a timely post. I am trying to do the same. I figured out how to update but the buttons don't seem to realize I made the changes. I thought I was doing something wrong but it looks like I did the right updates, the client just doesn't recognize it.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:55 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You need to edit recast_time in aa_ranks. I would highly recommend just using the PEQ Editor since it makes it dead simple.