Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Default Need help....

Ok I suck with computers. I'm right clicking the EQ icon and going to properties to add the patchme to the location area but for some reason my comp isn't allowing me to modify the text. Any ideas? I've searched the boards but can't seem to find any resolution to the problem. I guess I'm just a moron.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:32 AM
trevius
Developer

What operating system are you running? If you are using Windows 2000, or really most windows, maybe your account doesn't have admin privileges? Either that, or you set the file to be "read only".
Old 05-16-2008, 06:38 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

I'm using windows XP and my account is the only account besides the guest login so i'm the admin of the comp, so to speak. I have checked the file and it doesn't show that I have the "read only" box checked. Any other possible reasons because i'm stumped.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

You should be trying to add it to the "Target:" box NOT the "Target location:" box.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Ok i added it and now this is the error that I'm getting

UIErrorLog created at Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Error reading XML.
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Fri May 16 06:11:27 2008] Error reading XML.

It says I have an error in my GUI XML files.

I didn't actually create a shortcut for the game and was trying to do it to a main file that is why i couldn't alter the text.

Are the only words i'm "patchme"? or do i have to add the "\eqgame.exe" ?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Ok Slowly but surely i'm making progress. Now i can get it to the server menu but i can't get servers to pop up. Says my drivers are out of date but i can't seem to find new ones. Lol like i said early i'm not good with computers. I have a Radeon x300. Anyone able to post a link for the drivers I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:29 PM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Ok. I've got the new drivers installed and when i login it brings up the server board but it's empty... The code in the eqhost file is 5998. I tried modifying it to 5999 but when i do it says something about being unable to connect with server and that I need to check my net connection..
Old 05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

What does your LoginServer.ini say? 5999 or 5998? You should what that config says. Do you have a firewall or anything that could be blocking? Have you checked your server logs to see if the client is connecting? Did you modify your database setting to tell it to login to MiniLogin?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

Lol I don't know what any of that stuff is. My host client server thing is set at 5998. When i put it on 5999 it says i can't log on and that I need to check my net connection.

All that other stuff I don't really know what it is or how to get to it to adjust it.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Are you trying to run a server or just trying to play the game via the public servers?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

I'm just trying to pick the server that I play on. (Stormhaven) but like i said before there aren't any servers that pop up. Just the border or the server listing, and all the other buttons like chat, admin, ect....
Old 05-17-2008, 12:53 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

your eqhost.txt file should read:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
Old 05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
jenco420
Banned

also sometimes i have to restart eq like 4-10 times sometimes to get the serverlist to pop up, not all the time mind you but eq is just stubborn sometimes ><
Old 05-18-2008, 01:41 AM
staggs72
Fire Beetle

That's what someone else told me too, but I've restarted it up to 20 times and it's been this way for 3 days :/
Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 AM
trevius
Developer

So, from the PMs you sent me, I know that you already tried uninstalling and deleting the folder and then reinstalling from the CDs and it still is giving you the same problem where you can log in and can't see the server list.

It's weird that it worked on your other PC, but not this one. That would make me think this is some sort of driver or network issue.

Are you sure that you installed EQ Titanium from retail CDs and not an illegal copy or the individual expansions? It has to be the retail Titanium pack. The individual expansions won't work.

Also, is there a chance that you might be fowarding ports on your router for some reason? If so, try turning that off. If you have port 5998 setup to forward to your other PC, I am pretty sure that would cause issues with this.

If you have any P2P or Torrent or any other file sharing running on your PC, turn them all off. Disable or turn off any firewalls including Windows Firewall as well.

Last, if you are trying to play from a new location than when you played on your other PC, that might be the problem. Like for example; if you are now in a college dorm and trying to play, they almost always run a proxy and commonly block ports that EQEmu needs. If you are playing from home on a normal network setup, this shouldn't be an issue.

Let us know if any of this info helps or if you can give more info on the problem.