Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

This looks incredible. Great job guys. Been drooling over this ever since Secrets gave me a little peek. I will be putting it through its paces when i get back from PAX monday :P

Great work guys!
-Bront
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Is the webserver IP static? so that I can restrict the port forward to your IP address?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Is the webserver IP static? so that I can restrict the port forward to your IP address?
Yes, it's a static and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

I'm going to be moving the server itself to another rack but I should be able to route all of the statics over to the new rack once that time comes. All irrelevant detail to you, lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Item Editor:

I've spent about 3 hours reworking grouping code for the Item Editor so that visually a developer can easily identify with section groupings and quickly edit the fields they find relevant. Because the entire editor is built on array iterations (literally all aspects) it made it a little bit more difficult to add selective grouping for fields but now that it is in place it is easy to move the format into other display methods.

All merely visual changes. Yeah it's small but I launched the BETA with default array iterations and all of the fields were clumped together and didn't make much sense beyond some of the sub sections.

Next Additions:
- Copy Button - Similar to that of Georges tools
- Statistic range scaling - Scale statistic ranges based on a min - max
- Entire item scaling - Give three criterion (Level, Class type [leather/cloth/chain/silk], Content Type [Solo/Group/Raid]) and it will spit back out AJAX automatically suggesting and changing fields automatically to scale an item to ideal and mathematically calculated statistics before tweaking.

I'm not opposed to any suggestions regarding the tool as I've not really treated it as finished but is still yet very functional and useful for anyone looking to create items easier.

Some pictures of changes just so people have something to look at, apparently my print screens turned out big as hell. I don't care right now so you can deal with it or log into EoC yourself.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Code:
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database "peq"

Is the error I get, all information is typed right.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Code:
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database "peq"

Is the error I get, all information is typed right.
Are you NATing your server? It will need to connect to your external IP (Public).

For an open public scenario (Public Address right on server) you simply need to enter your Internet facing address in the manual DB connection and your database info.

For a NAT private network scenario, you WILL need to forward ports (3306) in order for EoC to straddle your database

I made a drawing for this somewhere...

Last edited by Akkadius; 05-29-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

There's been quite abit of use of this lately. I'm waiting to hear what people think of it so far.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:46 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

this looks great, but I can't seem to get a db connection working. Here's what I've done;

1) Added port forward rule to router for TCP port 3306 to my mysql server IP

2) On the mysql server (windows 7), added firewall rule
- service MYSQL
- port 3306
- scope 69.168.254.244

3) Added a mysql user with host '%' and flushed privileges

Eq operations reports a connection error. Am I missing a step?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:29 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr View Post
this looks great, but I can't seem to get a db connection working. Here's what I've done;

1) Added port forward rule to router for TCP port 3306 to my mysql server IP

2) On the mysql server (windows 7), added firewall rule
- service MYSQL
- port 3306
- scope 69.168.254.244

3) Added a mysql user with host '%' and flushed privileges

Eq operations reports a connection error. Am I missing a step?
Are you able to connect to your DB from your PC using a tool like Navicat with the same settings you are trying to use for EOC? If you try using your external IP for the connection, I think that should verify if you are setup to allow remote connections.

I don't use MySQL on windows too often, but I believe there is a setting when you install it which lets you enable remote connections. I don't know how to adjust that after installing it offhand, but you may be able to just run the MySQL install again and change that setting this time through. Make sure to backup your DB before trying anything like that just in case!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:38 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Nope, I can connect from local host but not to the external IP.

The only thing that feels like progress is when I use my default gateway IP, it gives an immediate connection error. Otherwise if I use my public IP (i.e. the one you'd see if you type "what's my IP" in google) or an invalid IP (201.201) it times out with a connection error.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I'm stumped.. I've added inbound and outbound filewall rules for port 3306 - in fact I've opened my firewall to the point where I'm sitting here paranoid, and the port forwarding is setup as per the rules for the emu server (which works fine).

If someone has this setup for a windows server and could describe the steps they took it would be great

p.s. I reconfigred mysql to make sure it was setup for remote connections (I think all it does is add a firewall rule).
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Ok it was pretty straightforward in the end, I was confusing things by limiting connections to 1 .. and then using that connection to test locally /kick

Creating a MySQL user:
If using Navicat;
- Click 'User' on the main ribbon
- Right click 'root@localhost'
- Choose 'duplicate user'
- In the username field, change it to something preferable to root_Copy (or keep it if you think it has a nice ring to it)
- In the host field, replace 'localhost' with '69.168.254.244'
- In the password/confirm password fields, enter a secure password. Note: A long password (e.g. dogsandcatslikerawfishfordinner) is exponentially more secure than one with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols while also being much easier to remember
- Under the advanced tab, change 'max user connections' to 1
- Under the server privileges tab, uncheck the privileges 'File', 'Process', 'Drop', 'Shutdown', 'Super', and 'Create user' (there may be others worth disabling)
- Click Save

If you're using mysql command line you're either a) clever enough to do this part by yourself, or b) you should really get a copy of Navicat as it will improve your quality of life.

To create a filewall rule:
In windows firewall
- Click new rule
- Select 'Port' and click next
- Select 'TCP and specific local ports', enter 3306, click next
- Select 'Allow the connection', click next
- Select the appropriate network type ('domain', 'private', 'public'). This will typically be private but if in doubt tick them all. Then click next
- Enter a name for the rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql), click finish

For extra security:
- Refresh the list of rules (F5)
- Locate the new rule (e.g. Incoming Mysql) in the list, right click and choose Properties
- Under the scope tab, find Remote IP address and select 'These IP addresses'
- Click Add, select 'This IP or subnet'
- Enter 69.168.254.244
- Click Ok, and then click Ok again
Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
No worries on the large screengrabs - this looks AMAZING. I'll get you some feedback after getting my DB synched with it. Thank you for the incredible work put into this - it'll help out many a noob server op.
Not even for noob server ops, I wish I had this when I was actively server developing.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I'm going to be creating a local database reference for the EoC platform so I can implement users, allow users to create logical 'servers' and then they can create developers to work on those servers.

So if EoC is behaving a bit whack, that's because I'm developing on the BETA production.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Made a fix to the Item Editor today, apparently when I made the last fixes I broke the miscellaneous fields from even showing which messes up the Mysql query save generation.