Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:15 PM
fataldelay
Fire Beetle

Default Having some problems

ok, after 9 hours.. i have created a new npc....

thats about all i have done..

so i create this npc.. i kill it.. it dont spawn back
i have read tutorials and threads about waypoints, grids, and my mob doesnt move.. nor does it go anywhere. just stands there..

yes the mob has a run and walk speed..

EQadmin locks when trying to read the items tables..

is there a way to fix this.. Yes i really want to use this tool.. im not even sure why it was stopped from being used..

yes i know front mysql is better.. but ive always thought eqadmin had a lot of great features..

also.. is there any tools left with the latest build of eqemu that can be still used ?? if so what are they?

any help on this would be apppreciated .. thanks in advanced
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
killspree
Dragon

Couple questions:

1) How did you create the NPC? In-game with the #spawn command or using EQAdmin?
2) Did you make sure to use #npcspawn create for the npc if it was the first time creating a spawn location for that specific NPC, and it wasn't already in npc_types?
3) Look into npc_types and get the id of your npc, then check spawnentry - is there an entry in spawnentry that contains that npcid?
4) If 4 is a yes, look at the spawngroupID for that spawnentry containing your npcid. Now go to spawn2 and look for that spawngroupID. Ensure there's an entry and it's in the proper zone with the right x/y/z coordinates and that the respawntime isn't extremely long. Also make sure timeleft is set to 0 next time you start up your server, as NPCs respawn based on that now in conjunction with respawntime.

If most of those questions are no, my suggestion is to spawn the NPC you want spawning at that location in-game from now on. Simply create it using the #spawn command(if you're not sure how to use it, just type #spawn and it will give a pretty good explanation). Once it's spawned, use the command #npcspawn create.

If you have any problems after trying this, contact me in IRC. You can find some good info on which #npcspawn command is best for certain situations in a few threads around.