Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Coix
Fire Beetle

Default hlep em im a nubi

Hello,

First off let me say I appreciate all the programmers spending time on the project and if my small exp with qbasic would help I would love to help.

Anywho, I understand distributing backpatches of the client is considered distributing software, but what about old server software to run it.

Now please excuse my newbyness, my brother is a programmer and he doesn't have much time at the moment and wanted me to collect as much info as possible, even though my research is worth 1/10 the time of his.

My goal; I want to be able to go rebuy (i cant find mine anymore) eq1 and my brother put a EQ server up on his server for me and him to go through the velious and kunark zones that I love so much.

So the version of EQ that comes with the latest retail release, is it possible to get the server info(aka whatever he needs to run the server) that is compatible with that? He also mentioned look for linux instead of windows but if there is no linux version i might be able to sweet talk him into changing OSes.

I will accept responses that tell me to goto part of the site or read another post in a different forum section, im willing to learn, i have read as much as I can understand, and i just want a little direction.

/rant on
I'd pay the monthly fee just to not play on their servers. I'm sick of single player games making it too easy, why cant they make a single player game that takes a year to get to lv 50, 60, 65, or 70. Where the mobs are tougher than you, lv matched to same lv. the EQ game on the console was just another brainless hack and slash. wouldn't all of you play EQ1 on the xbox where 4 players could play per xbox and mobs gave maybe 5-10 times the xp they do on eqlive. no change other than that. I tell you thats all i want.
/rant off

feel free to reply or send me an email, i check that often.
jake_h_davis@hotmail.com