Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok, I'm experiencing some kind of issue... I'm thinking I might have pushed the database too hard saving the changes I made. restarting the world now.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

rolling back the database to just before I made the merchant changes... something isn't working right :( there's nothing in the logs, but i'm unable to log into the server like this. Should be back in about 10 minutes.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

still can't get in those few zones. The 70 cap and spells all seem to work though.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I think I see what happened there. A ton of zones have a minimum status of 100 for some reason. I changed the ones you mentioned, but doing more than that might be a bad idea... in PEQ they may have done that with some bugged areas. I'll check it out tonight.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I went through the zones and tested out many of them. Basicaly if its been locked it's because the loot isn't done or some other item is missing. I'll open them up and see if I can get started on that.

I also replaced all the memory last night with brand new... I can't believe the mismatch of ram I had in this box... lets hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Ruude
Fire Beetle

Default good

Server isn't too bad man, a few suggestions:
Cleric armor isn't listed on plate merchant, would be nice to have some mana. There's also no shield or anything else cleric can use besides 1.0.

Groups get bugged, a lot.

Would be awesome to have #itemsearch and #si, would make me play the server a LOT more if you had that.

Anyways, you're putting a lot of hard work into this and it's going very well, just wanted to put a post up of my opinion.

Take care!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

I agree with ruude. Also, I'm not sure what the respawn is supposed to be but Naggy has been down a few days now. (killed him on Mon or Tues i think). Killed Vox tonight.

I'm really enjoying the server. I'm two boxing it with a SK and cleric. It's a good time.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I won't be adding item summoning due to the exploits that can come from it... just how it is. Groups are bugged across most servers right now, I'm waiting for the next update to address that, keeping my fingers crossed. I know the vendor armor is bad, I need to replace it but I need the time to do that. I went all through it the other night and some of the items broke the server :(
My biggest fall back on updating items is not knowing what the best stuff is that works in the emulator, so it takes time to research each class. If there's an item you want and I'm online just ask and I'll drop it in your inventory... I should be around more this weekend... been real sick, and sitting here editing tables is not high on my list when I'm feeling this bad.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:49 PM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

Bahh! Haha, I just got my computer back up and now there's no summoning :(.
oh well..you said you could summon us stuff if you're on..that sounds pretty awesome of you
Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_sexual_tomato View Post
I agree with ruude. Also, I'm not sure what the respawn is supposed to be but Naggy has been down a few days now. (killed him on Mon or Tues i think). Killed Vox tonight.

I'm really enjoying the server. I'm two boxing it with a SK and cleric. It's a good time.
Nagafen should respawn in 7 days, and Vox in 5. I really don't have any plans on directly changing spawn timers any time soon... I like Everquest for what it is, and I'm trying to keep things accurate but a little easier. Were you able to fight your way to those bosses, or did you just zone to them?
Old 08-29-2008, 07:12 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

I fought my way to them. At level 70 with 2 toon's it isn't that hard. But I've been messing around on the Plane of Fear, Hate, and Nightmares with my enchanter and SK. It's actually pretty fun. It's not raid difficulty with 2 level 70's, but the stuff deeper in the zones offers a 2 man challenge which is really what I wanted. The boss for Kael and Cazic-Thule (the god) pretty much kicked my arse all over the place. I'd need a group to do those. It's fun. I'm legitimately AA leveling. I've also been gearing my toons with stuff from the raids.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

The server keeps dropping me after 10 or 15 minutes of play

Anyhow, the Wall of Slaughter zone needs to be opened...there are so many cool drops there. It still says I'm not high enough level. I'm not sure what that means since I'm max for the server.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

Yeah I keep getting booted too
Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_sexual_tomato View Post
The server keeps dropping me after 10 or 15 minutes of play

Anyhow, the Wall of Slaughter zone needs to be opened...there are so many cool drops there. It still says I'm not high enough level. I'm not sure what that means since I'm max for the server.
There's no loot setup in that zone, so its turned off. I've been waiting for people to log out so I can update it, there's been a steady 4-5 people on all night
Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

The server keeps dropping me every few minutes. It's pretty much unplayable atm...