Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-22-2023, 10:34 PM
fourk
Fire Beetle

Default Unable to apply SMS Verification to account

Hi, I tried adding SMS Verification to my account. It said that the attempt to send the SMS failed and that I double-check the phone number and submit a petition. I triple checked it before hitting submit and it was the correct number. Now when I retry I see the following error message:

"This number has been blacklisted for previous verification failures."

How do I add SMS verification to my account?
Old 04-23-2023, 11:00 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

If you can't add your number, there's no other way.
Old 04-23-2023, 12:33 PM
fourk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
If you can't add your number, there's no other way.
So, to be clear, the website stated that there was an internal error and told me that I would need to petition for help. I posted on the support forum in order to follow the instruction to petition for help. Is there some other place I should be posting in order to follow that instruction, or is this the correct format to petition for help?

Your response to that is essentially telling me there is zero recourse, the error message telling me to seek petition support was a lie, and my number is now blacklisted so that I can never add SMS verification to the phone number I've used for over 20 years despite the fact that the failure was due to an error in your integration, not any user error.

Why did it tell me to seek petition support?
Old 04-23-2023, 01:34 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

Eqemu public LS is run by one person and in many ways in life support, many other servers use a private LS or the PEQ public LS. Sadly we don’t see it changing anytime soon. Because that one person is the sole owner of the LS data it’s not easily replaced or expanded on.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:06 PM
Feyshtey
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same issue. I tried to add a number, and it immediately said that the SMS verification failed. I tried to add the number a second time and now it says the number is blacklisted.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:09 PM
Mavias
Fire Beetle

I am having the same issue. I tried to add my number 1 time, got some sort of error, so I added my number with dashes thinking that would fix it. Then it said my number was blacklisted. How do I fix this issue?
Old 05-20-2023, 04:28 AM
VarCryne
Fire Beetle

This is just happened to me too.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:26 PM
Adh87
Sarnak

Same here is there anything we can do?
Old 06-05-2023, 02:33 PM
Adh87
Sarnak

Is it possible this is happening because the phone number is already registered to a different eqemu account?
Old 06-14-2023, 08:45 AM
kaluut
Fire Beetle

Same error here. Tried two phone numbers. And have no other EQ accounts. So not that. hope this can be fixed since im locked out of the game :/
Old 06-25-2023, 08:49 PM
Silvershotz6110
Fire Beetle

same here I cant remember my old passwords even though I am trying to come back.... Guess I need to make a new account!
Old 07-05-2023, 10:08 PM
ciabfenix
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourk View Post
So, to be clear, the website stated that there was an internal error and told me that I would need to petition for help. I posted on the support forum in order to follow the instruction to petition for help. Is there some other place I should be posting in order to follow that instruction, or is this the correct format to petition for help?

Your response to that is essentially telling me there is zero recourse, the error message telling me to seek petition support was a lie, and my number is now blacklisted so that I can never add SMS verification to the phone number I've used for over 20 years despite the fact that the failure was due to an error in your integration, not any user error.

Why did it tell me to seek petition support?
yep 2 internal errors banned phone number, used buddys phone 2 internal errors banned phone number, time to to hang it up, 14 years was fun!