Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:49 AM
uwill
Sarnak

Default Adding one class' spells to another.

tl;dr - All I want to do is add a spell from one class to another, if there is an easy way to do that, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

OK, so I've been trying for a few hours to make it so Paladins may cast Illusion: Iksar on my server, just as a test to teach myself how to allow other classes to cast spells.

First, I went into Navicat Lite and updated spells_new entry for Illusion: Iksar to allow paladins, not just enchanters, to cast the spell at level 20. Then I edited my paladin to have the spell in his spellbook. Then I went in and tried to cast the spell and it's level 255 still.

So, I went on the forums and did some digging. I downloaded every single spell editor that I could find, none of them worked, sadly, the closest was Georges, but I got an error with import/export tool (error is posted in GeorgeS tools forum). Null's would not connect to my database, for whatever reason I do not know. And the other tool I read was deprecated, so I avoided.

Then I saw that there are import/export tools in utils for us to use. So I tried that but I lack the DBD::mysql perl module. So I tried to download that but it wouldn't install (another dude had the same problem, something about revision #) and I'm basically at a point where I'm kind of stuck.

All I want to do is add a spell from one class to another, if there is an easy way to do that, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:54 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You need to export your spells table to spells_us.txt, which is what the client reads.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:09 AM
uwill
Sarnak

I just exported my spells_new table to spells_new.txt, do I just rename and put in client?

OK, so I used Navicate Lite to export and it did not work. Any workaround?
Old 11-10-2014, 06:44 AM
uwill
Sarnak

Well, shit, now I can't use any spells on my server now, so I definitely need to figure out a way to export from my DB using Navicat Lite, as the other tools aren't working. Does anyone know a way to configure the export options to allow that? I used the export wizard, text file, spells_new, all fields, and then for "Field Delimiter" I did "Other Symbol" and used "^" which is what the spells_us.txt seems to use. It didn't work, so I missed something.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:04 AM
vsab
Discordant

Tried this to install the DBD::mysql perl module yet?

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Install..._other_Modules
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 AM
uwill
Sarnak

Yeah, I did, I got an error, a lot of errors, actually, unknown files etc. The MySQL server I'm using is from XAMPP and I don't think it comes with all the stuff you need, etc. I just tried importing my spells to DB, it's just all fucked now.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM
uwill
Sarnak

Unless there is a way to just reload the spells_new DB entry, I will have to start from scratch, again, and just make items that have the abilities. I thought I could be a real cool guy and have custom stuff, haha, just not equipped for it.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Did you try using the export_client_files.exe that is under your EQEMUServer directory? If you create an a folder in that directory named Export and run that executable it will create a spell_us.txt file from the info in your database then you can copy it to your Everquest folder. Make sure you either rename your old file or copy it to another folder, just in case you need to revert to the old one. Also, I have learned the hard way, that it is a good idea to export any database table, you are working on, to an .sql file ( I do this with Heidisql under the tools menu, export database as sql and just export the one you are working on, that way you can source it back in if it gets messed up and you can start over. I have never used Navi but I am sure it must have a similar feature.) If your db table is still ok the exporter may fix your problem. I hope that helps.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:15 AM
zerjz3
Banned

You can also run the following script from CMD:

export_spells.pl -o

This will generate a spells_us.txt file in your server directory.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerjz3 View Post
You can also run the following script from CMD:

export_spells.pl -o

This will generate a spells_us.txt file in your server directory.
export_spells.pl is obsolete and you guys should be using export_client_files.exe which is built with the server executables.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:50 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Ahhh, damn, I was using export_spells.pl, thanks Secrets and Mortow. I learned the hardway to backup, and thanks for the tip Mortow on the .sql export.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:56 PM
uwill
Sarnak

using export_client_files.exe gives me this:

Unable to open export/spells_us.txt to write skipping.

The same for skillcaps, basedata. Any help?
Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You need to create the directory export (and import if you plan on using the import EXE)
Old 11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Thanks demonstar55
Old 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Well, after remaking the DB and exporting the spells_us.txt to my EQ folder, I'm back at step 1. "You can not cast this spell white out of combat." I don't know how to make the two files match up exactly except by exporting, and I know this is a problem of them not. Do I need to add something more than spells_us.txt to my EQ folder?