Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-30-2002, 03:14 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Default What's the origin of your name?

Mine started back with diablo 2, was trying to come up with a name for my amazon and my friend said, what's your favorite soda? Pretty much went from there
Old 04-30-2002, 04:30 PM
_OZZY_
Hill Giant

Hehe...cool. You can guess where I got mine. I've used it on irc as long as irc has been around. I was (and still am) a big fan of Ozzy back in high school.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Several ideas were all squished together in mine. When I signed up I hadn't expected to post very much..... yea go fiugure... anyhow I wanted a number at the end like in EQ "a gnoll03" I liked Babalyon 5, so 5 it was. Not to mention "down below" in B5 had some obscure analogy to newsgroup lurkers.

I know WAY too much though went into a simple little nick
Old 04-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Hmm
Discordant

heh i was making a temp account for hackerquest but this nick lasted MUCH longer than planned. its like 3 years now.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Sangdrax
Fire Beetle

I've had mine for 2 years now I think ... Sangdrax is a character from the 'Death Gate' fantasy book series, namely an evil lizard/dragon.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I really dont know... I think it was a stream of conciousness type thing.. I was sitting around the office looking through the boards, decided to register, and just popped it out...

Putting thought into a nickname was too much work.. I let my fingers do the walking..
Old 05-01-2002, 01:59 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

Well my orginal nick was AirRik but too many people on IRC where giving me a bad wrap so I changed it to TheClaus which is basically part of my last name with THE and the beginning.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:12 AM
kiff
Sarnak

rl name is christopher, when he was a toddler my little brother couldn't say it so he said kiffer got truncated to kiff and stuck been like 22 yrs now .

Kiff
Old 05-01-2002, 06:34 AM
stormgod
Discordant

I was reading a book from moorcock called elric , and elric's sword was named stormbringer, first time I come on a chat I wanted to take this name but I was limited to 8 chars so its stormgod for almost 6 years now
Old 05-04-2002, 04:41 AM
Furinex
Hill Giant

Starcraft. The clan's name(Blizzard clan, it was protoss, after you finish the 1 player missions, the enemy would always be a clan, ya know? Not an online one... ghey...) was 'Furinax' with an 'a'. Mine is 'Furinex' with an 'e'. Later on I found out that 'Furinex', my name, means torment and sarrow, So I stuck with it.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 AM
Occisor
Fire Beetle

My nick has it's roots in the Latin language.
It means "Murderer." Which goes with accordance to the type of characters I enjoy playing- I.E.: Extremely evil and malevolent beings with a vicious temprament, ready to pillage and maim everything in it's path. I picked Latin just because it's a dead language and many people wouldn't be able to understand.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:12 AM
Arcalyn
Hill Giant

Default Good ol` D&D

Nick was originally Mindstorm
but then the freaks at Lego stole it!
:o
So I changed it but needed a name for the wife also....hence

Arcalyn <----> Nylacra

They were supposed to be twins in D&D one a wizard the other a cleric.
Simply reversed the spelling.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Lyenu X`Arie
Fire Beetle

I dunno by Lyenu comes from the language Elet Anta. My name is just this:

lyenu: (lyec + enu): what kind of?

Pretty weird =P ahh well hehe
Old 05-18-2002, 06:54 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Ive had mine for about... 7-8 years now, started it when I played Quake on Team Fortress. I used it as the figment of your imagination which ended up later being a MIB thing :P But it was the fact that I spent way too much time at the game, and not to be cocky, but I was good at it. So I picked the name because they never could get me :P
Old 06-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Vaskre
Sarnak

/bump

mine is from decideing a name in eq so I chose this one, but most my characters names are Kaskov which originated in russia, which is my last name but I changed it (Actually my dad changed the family name b4 I was born, too many americans treat us like dirt because its russian and they think were Communists)