Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:21 AM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

Default Patcher Files?

ok, in game, I tried to go to Paludal Caverns, but then the game threw me out, saying I didn't have those files downloaded.

It's true that when I start the game, it says that I do not have several expansion packs downloaded on my computer, and asks me if I would like to update the patcher, so I can download them.
I say "yes", and it starts the download. Then I try to start the game again, and I get the same message!

I *can* play in certain zones, but not in all of them. I obviously tried to transport myself to such a zone, and as a result I'm stuck!
Now I can't play anymore, it seems...
Help!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:44 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

Run Everquest.exe. When the patcher comes up, click advanced. Check all the expansions plus optional zones. Download the files.

That should let you into all the zones and it won't say anything about not having all the files.... Hope that helps

SEARCH It's your friend
Old 07-13-2004, 05:17 AM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

I did. I did the whole download ritual(s) and still I'm stuck. I ran the patcher even before I got stuck between zones. It just doesn't help :(
do you know to which expansion pack Paludal Caverns belongs? And if so, is there any place I can download it? Or download *something*?
*plucks frustrated at hair*

Oh, and thanks anyway
Old 07-13-2004, 05:59 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Shadows of Luclin
Old 07-13-2004, 06:41 AM
rizzen04
Hill Giant

Try removing just that zone and repatching if you have already patched it wont do anything anyways.
If it doesn
Old 07-13-2004, 01:39 PM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

I did. I did all of that, and still the game throws me out and says I do not have the neccesary Paludal files downloaded; and still updates the patcher so I can download these files, which I do. But to no avail. There must be something I can do? I mean, characters just don't get lost just because you can't download the neccesary files? There must be some way I can download them...? Somewhere??
:(
Old 07-14-2004, 06:38 AM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

Please?
Old 07-14-2004, 08:01 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Nope. there's nothing else we can tell you.. Figure outhow to use the patcher because you obviously don't know how.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

Well, there isn't much to know about the patcher. it isn't that complicated. It just seems I have a problem that goed beyond the patcher, or doesn't have anything to do with it.
So I just wondered if I could contact a GM or something about this; maybe he/she can help, or even correct the (my) problem). But thanks anyway.
^-^
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

When you run the patcher, are you clicking on advanced and checking all the expansions? Do that, then click save and download. I noticed earlier that you asked where to dl the expansion that had paludal.... If you check all the expansions on the patcher, you will get the files you need....

SEARCH It's your friend
Old 07-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Dave987
Discordant

As someone has already said, look for Paludal.s3d (or something like that) and delete it.

Then , do as everyone is saying. Load up Everquest.exe > Advanced, Check all expansions, click Complete File Check .. that'll sort the bugger out.

Good luck.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:37 PM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

Ok, I did. I found out my patcher wasn't up to date, so I had to find the newer version of it. It explained a lot when I finally had it ^-^
No I no longer get the message I don't have all the files downloaded when I log in anymore. So I log in, it loads, I choose my character, and hit "enter world". It takes forever after that, and then I'm thrown back into the log in-screen. I tried deleting the Paludal.s3d, and patching again; but to no avail. It's almost like the server is offline or something, although it does load the server list and the world like it should...

(I really don't like to be such a pain for you guys, and I'm really sorry for it. It's just that when I could play, I liked it so much it really, really sucks to all of a sudden have this problem to which I can't find a sollution... not yet anyway)
Old 07-15-2004, 02:23 PM
animepimp
Dragon

The latest patch from the 14th is not compatible with the EQemu servers. You need to wait until it gets fixed.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:04 AM
FlamingDoomGeek
Fire Beetle

But does that also count for the Scorp2k server? Because that's where I'm stuck right now.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingDoomGeek
But does that also count for the Scorp2k server? Because that's where I'm stuck right now.
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16038