Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Jiggawhat
Sarnak

Default Walkspeed

Hello everyone is there anyone who can give me the insert for the walkspeed tab under npctypes? all of my npcs are walking at the run speed, and when I goto change the walkspeed I am missing the tab in sql.

Thank you
Canehdian
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

I believe Walkspeed is calculated from runspeed (but i could be wrong) - Go into Navicat, Find your NPC_Types table and then look for the line entitled "runspeed" - this should have a similar setup "1.0". When this is set to 0.0 your targeted npc will not be able to run and from what i know ; walk, as well. Try setting "Walkspeed" to 1.0, saving and then try it out.

Note: In terms of all your npcs running ; Check out this post:
www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31412

Old 07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Jiggawhat
Sarnak

they run just fine, but I have no walkspeed tab and they're set currently at 1.67 so ill make this change right now and see what happens.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Jiggawhat
Sarnak

or rather 1.25 run speed
Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

There is no walkspeed, adding a column will do nothing since our code no longer supports it. Like on Live, walkspeed is derived by runspeed. Most NPCs have a runspeed of 1.25, although many are 1.5 (We get this data from collects on Live.) This translates to a walkspeed of roughly 0.5-0.6. 0 means they are permarooted both here and on Live.

If your NPCs are always running, it either means they have aggro on something, they have some sort of speed buff like sow, or quest::IsRunning() in Perl is set to 1 for them.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Jiggawhat
Sarnak

Well, I am working with level 3 monsters right now and none of them are currently druids or shamans with a spell list, and I have no quests imputed yet, mind you I changed their run speed to 1.0 and they're walking at a decent pace now. They were speed walking before, but thank you for the trouble shooting Cavedude and GLGanjika

Canehdian