Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
hexluther
Fire Beetle

Default MySQL and GeorgeS Tools

The ODBC drivers have been installed and the .ini file was changed to reflect the IP address of the machine that has MySQL and consequently EQEmu

However, connection issues persist, despite all of the above.

Now, I'm believing it has something to do with "following the guide to the letter" as is so often suggested, specifically the bold and underlined part:

• Now enter your New Root Password, Confirm, and do not check for remote machine Access. Don?t select Create An Anonymous Account. Click Next

MySQL is 3306, as that is what the guide told me to use. Because I'm fairly confident I'm not allowing any inbound on port 3306 (or I sure hope so), I'd like to access this port from anywhere within my LAN.

Googling results in a plethora of information on how to do this on a nix system, but, not so much the case for Windows (installed on a W2K8 system).

I've looked in the my.ini to no avail, in regards to ensuring the MySQL is set to the server IP rather than "localhost" (assuming doing that is the right thing to do, there are conflicting websites I've found while Goggling for a solution to this problem) , bind-address (not in the ini file what-so-ever), etc, etc.

In short. I wish to use the tools on a remote (from the server) client on my LAN (same subnet), knowing now that I used the guide to a T which likely hindered this ability (for security reasons I get it -- not harping the guide maker), any and all help with this is appreciated.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
hexluther
Fire Beetle

Bleh, I obviously screwed up my search in some way, as I type "mysql remote access" again and came up with a post containing this link:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...LRemoteAccount

My apologies for the wasted thread darnit.