Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Buy Seeds of Destruction NOW!

BUY Seeds of Destruction NOW!!!

We have started work on getting the Everquest: Seeds of Destruction expansion from Steam to be compatible with EQEmu. It was on sale for $2.50, but has returned to it's normal price of $19.99 for now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24130/

The client currently can't even log into the EQEmu Login Server yet, but Rogean is working on that and should hopefully have it working any day now. The SoD client is already almost caught up with SoF, and is already very playable and ready for player testing as soon as the Login Server can allow it to log in. From what I can tell so far, it looks like the SoD client is much more stable than the SoF client is, and maybe even better than Titanium is since they added multi-core CPU support among other great performance and stability features.

Since it is a digital download, that means you will be able to get it instantly instead of having to wait for it to come in the mail. I highly recommend making a copy of the install folder somewhere on your harddrive (or burn it to a DVD) so you will have a backup in case you mess the client up or need to install it fresh again at some point.

I am excited to get this new client going with EQEmu. I think it has the potential to not only add access to new content including 20 new zones, 40 new NPC races, and dozens of new weapon models among other game features, but also has the potential to be the most stable and bug-free client that EQEmu has ever seen. Only time will tell for sure, but my hopes are high at this point from what I have seen so far. Stay tuned for more news on this new client version!

If you are interested in the status of the Development for the SoD client, see the following thread where we are tracking it:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30867

See you in SoD soon!

EDIT: Got in game and here is the first screenshot:

EDIT2: Even more progress being made with the SoD client. Now almost all core systems are functioning (Items, Spells, Spawns, Attack, Looting, AAs, etc etc). I think we have all of the opcodes now and just need to adjust a few more structs for things like grouping, and more spawn struct clean-up and such. Not bad for a couple of days worth of work. Huge thanks for Derision and KLS as well as a few others that have helped make it this far so quickly

Here is another screenshot to show some more progress:

EDIT3: The client has nearly all bugs worked out now and is ready for player testing as soon as the Login Server will let players log in while using SoD.

Hopefully Rogean will have time to try to get the public LS working with the SoD client soon.

EDIT4: The amazing sale price is now over and it has returned to it's previous price of $19.99. Updated this post to reflect that.

Last edited by trevius; 04-05-2010 at 04:39 PM..