This thread was created to help keep track of the development of SoD. This can be used as a reference for what needs work, and who is working on what. I will try to keep this post updated as people update the thread with any progress or notes. Please try to keep posts in this thread for developer work only. All other SoD development discussion should be posted here
, or a new thread created for it. For reporting Bug in Seeds of Destruction that are not already listed in this post, please post them in the Seeds of Destruction - Bug Reports
Note that SoD and SoF clients are very similar in many ways. Because of this, all of the problems listed in the SoF development tracking thread are also issues for SoD currently. I have moved all of the notes from the SoF Development Thread into this one for SoD and unstickied the SoF thread.
Last Update - December 13th 2011
Top Priority Work:
1. AAs - All AAs in SoF/SoD are now fully functional. A temporary work-around is in place for the Improved/Advanced upgraded versions of AAs. For now, we just see double of the base AA for the upgraded version, but they work and can be purchased. This is because SOE consolidated those into single AAs. We just need to figure out how Live handles it to deal with training them higher instead. There also seems to be an issue when trying to train a few certain AAs. More notes in the post below.
Medium Priority Work:
Low Priority Work:
1. Inspect Notes - Inspect works, but the player notes in the inspect window do not work for SoF clients yet. I think this may need to be set in the player profile now or something.
2. /guildstatus - It appears this previously was handled directly by the client, but in SoD, it seems to request this info from the server instead.
Database and Source Code Changes that will be needed at some point:
1. Spell Table/Files - SoD spell file has 10 more fields than our spells_new table. The spell files generated by the import/export scripts still seem to work fine on it, but at some point, we will want to add the new fields.
New Systems to SoD that did not exist in SoF:
1. Grouping - Many changes to the grouping system including the ability to merge 2 groups together and others.
2. Group Roles - New ability to designate the role of each player in the group. Note that this also effects the functionality of the /makeleader, as it seems to use the roles system.
3. Group Mana/End - In addition to HPs, now Mana and Endurance of group members will be displayed in the group window. (Added by Derision!)
4. Target Buff Window - New window to display the buffs of your current target. (Added by Derision!)
5. /charinfo - This command now displays all bind locations.
6. Ornamentation - The ability to change the appearance of an item to match the appearance of another item.
Issues with Newly Implemented Systems that did not exist in Titanium:
1. Target Buff Window - Occasionally shows the buffs of the wrong target, such as your own character while an NPC is targeted. Probably related to Server and Client not using the same target in certain cases.
New Systems to SoF that did not exist in Titanium:
1. Blocked Buffs - This should be pretty straight forward to get going at some point.
2. Auras - These appear to mostly work like Songs, but also have an aura NPC that can zone with characters.
3. Fellowships - The NPC class that gives fellowships is Class 69. The window opens up for the client already, but nothing is actually coded for handling them yet.
4. Pirate Combat - No Information
5. New Power Source Equipment Slot - Power Source Slot added and stats from it are functional, but it does not yet work the same way it does on Live.
6. Guild Banners - Banners are spawned as NPCs and are a global race. Custom Guild Banner info should be in the spawn structure somewhere.
7. Destructible Objects - No Information
8. Player Traps - These are spawned as new global NPC races. Most likely, they are just quest scripts in the default.pl to control the trap actions.
9. Spheres of Influence - No Information
10. New Skills - Unsure how many new skills there are in SoF, but live has Triple Attack as a new skill (skill 76). Not sure how to add these to work with both SoF and Titanium.
11. Respawn Window - Have started work to getting this added. It isn't functional yet, but getting there.
12. New Item Stats - All possible item stats now show up on items when a value is set in the database. The new SoF stats still need to be coded into the server to actually be used. KLS Added Backstab Damage, but the others still need to be coded.
New SoD changes that probably do not require code changes and are optional:
1. Death - Characters no longer lose items, money or unmem spells upon death.
2. Required Level - Items with Required Level to use may now be equiped at any level, but will give no benefits until the required level is met.
3. Weightless Coin - Coin no longer adds to the weight of a player!
4. Levitation - Levitation no longer causes a bobbing effect and instead just hovers the character above the ground.
Recently Resolved Issues:
1. Players Running - Players no longer appear to run and warp while standing still (Thanks Derision!)
2. Target HP Updates - Target HP updates work fine. Turned out it was just the wrong opcode.
3. No Trade Copied Items - Items now function perfectly as far as I can tell (Thanks Derision!)
4. Grouping - Should function as well as any other client (Derision is awesome!)
5. Tracking - Tracking should now work perfectly.
6. Merchants - The bug where purchasing an item from a merchant appeared to remove much more money than it was supposed to should now be fixed.
7. Spells being removed - The first 9 spell slots in spellbooks were being removed. This has been resolved and spellbooks work properly now.
8. Mage Pet Crash - The best crash was caused by the pet buff window and that has been disabled temporarily to prevent this crash.
9. Pet Buff Window - This now works.
10. Loot All - This new feature has been added for SoD (Thanks Derision!)
11. Group HP/Mana/Endurance Updates - Group HPs now update and the new feature of Group Mana and Endurance updates are working as well (Thanks Derision!)
12. Bazaar - New bazaar adjustments added to make it fully functional in SoD (Thanks Derision!)
13. /hidecorpse - This should now work properly (Thanks Derision!)
14. Spawn Structure - The spawn structure is now fully identified as far as it is for any other client (Thanks Derision!!!)
15. NPC Weapons - NPC Weapons all now display properly (Thanks Derision!!!).
16. HP/Mana/Endurance Changes - All new formulas for these have been added and are now showing correctly!
17. HT/LoH - The Harm Touch and Lay on Hands abilities are now AAs in SoD and both have been added to the AA window and seem to function properly.
18. Potion Belt - The potion belt should now be fully functional.
19. Clicky Fail Bug - Failing a clicky item cast will no longer bug the client. Also, cast bars from item clickies now uses the time from the item not from the spell.
20. Zone Shortname - Zone Shortnames have now been set to use 32 characters instead of the previous 16 limit (yay for oceangreenvillage)
21. Lay on Hands/Harm Touch - These skills have been added as AAs and should be fully functional.
Issues that may already have been resolved but need confirmation:
1. Trader Searches - Report that "search my trader" does not work in SoF. Unsure if this applies to SoD as well yet.
2. Adventure Leaderboard - The stats of the Adventure Leaderboard don't work properly yet. I think the correct opcode is set, but it just needs an encode and structure adjustment.
3. Group Leadership - This mostly works with the following exceptions: Delegate Main Assist is no longer an AA but a Group Role and is not yet implemented. Health Awareness seems to work sometimes and not others. Find Path to PC doesn't work because the Find command in general does not yet work.
4. /makeleader - This command does not work on SoD yet. It appears to be tied to the new group roles feature, so it will have to wait until group roles are implemented.
Reported Issues that have not been confirmed or denied:
1. Race Sounds - Reports that some races (such as horses) do not make the usual idling sounds that they do in Titanium. Needs further investigation.
2. Group Mana/End - Reports that this does not always show correctly. No further details yet.
Attaining Seeds of Destruction:
The client EQEmu uses for SoD is from Steam (currently $19.99) here:
This post will be updated again regularly with current development status.