Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Default Most reccomended

Okay my SoF client finally works now here is a big quesion which i hope dosent end up badly. i know there are alot of SoF servers but whats most reccomended to play on to experiance SoF with items and zones and mobs?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

have you tried to log in to a couple of the servers and asked around yet? i only play on kmra so I cant answer your question.
I would just poke into a couple and ask some random high lvl
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Edit: Probably PEQ, because they have been the most aggressive with keeping up to date and doing source revisions.

But this is without delving too deeply into each server.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

i normally just server hop but like, i play Exploited which does support SoF and i can see the items and stuff
Old 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
trevius
Developer

We have 2 custom SoF zones on Storm Haven so far. It probably won't be long until we have a 3rd zone started. I hope to eventually have quite a few SoF zones, but it is a slow process due to all of the detail we are trying to put in. The 2 zones we have so far are Crescent Reach (95% done) and Ruins of Takish-Hiz (85% done). Even though they aren't 100% done yet, at least you can check out some of what SoF has to offer, with cool new zones, new mob races, new Player Race (Drakkin), new weapons with new stats/icons/graphics and other nice new features. ATM, the zones only go up to level 40 or 45ish, so it wouldn't take too long to go through it.

There are more and more SoF compatible servers starting to pop up, which is great. Unfortunately, all of the new zones are completely empty at this time, so it takes quite a bit of work to populate them properly. If you are looking for servers that are actually using SoF zones, I don't really know which ones are yet. I bet that if Andrew80k can get the packet collectors working again, we will start seeing SoF content popping up very quick. Until then, it will be a slow process to fill zones properly, custom or not.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

ill check out your server trevius, surprisingly i never played on your server ill have to see how good it is =D
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
BassBa311
Fire Beetle

Storm Haven is just awesome and it's full of great people. It was the first one I clicked on, and I still haven't even tried another yet.