Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:54 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Classic UI

I forgot about this classic UI simulation I had downloaded long ago. I don't remember from where, but just got around to checking it out. Too much junk on my hard drives, haha

I noticed it has a button for AA's which is not so classic, but I guess some would of wanted to use it for further expansions. It's kinda cool looking though.

You can download the zip here: https://tinyurl.com/classic-ui

Old 09-21-2022, 09:14 PM
Silwyn
Fire Beetle

I was interested in this, for the very least to take some of the elements of it to add to my custom UI. But it appears to just be crashing my client when I switched to it and now every time on login. Any ideas?

(Doing this on a fresh RoF2 install with no other changes)
Old 09-21-2022, 09:22 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silwyn View Post
I was interested in this, for the very least to take some of the elements of it to add to my custom UI. But it appears to just be crashing my client when I switched to it and now every time on login. Any ideas?

Sorry Silwyn, I didn't test it on an RoF client, I tried it on Titanium, it worked fine. I don't know much about it, as I mentioned, don't even remember where I got it from.

EDIT **** I just noticed, those files are dated for 2005-2006, so maybe it's not feasible for the RoF client ?
Old 09-21-2022, 10:08 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silwyn View Post

I did some more testing. I couldn't get it to work at all with Rof2 client and then when I tried to use it on a fresh Titanium (with no player UI's) it crashed.

It apparently only works if one already has a toon UI, and after renaming that one included to the toon name, letting it overwrite the old one, it works. (on Titanium only), so ya, it's a flaky UI, for sure.

In a nutshell - This is only good for a Titanium client that already has a player UI created with the default UI files. Otherwise......garbage...
Old 09-21-2022, 11:26 PM
Silwyn
Fire Beetle

Oh I see. I didn't realize it was meant for Titanium.

I did a ton of searching for this UI before I ended up starting on my Velious UI rework for RoF2. To my knowledge after extensive searching there is no working Classic UI for RoF2 at all. I like this one because it's not all connected like the normal Classic UI was and forced you to use like 800x600 resolution.

I am going to port this one to RoF2, though. Won't be too hard.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:12 PM
fry12
Fire Beetle

Hope you share it if you manage to get working on RoF2
Would love a working classic UI