Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Lake Rathe Gnoll Camp Won't Spawn

I've been playing some new characters and doing some of the lower level quests, particularly the monk quests. Part of the quests deal with the gnoll embalmer at the lake rathe gnoll camp. The problem is the camp is completely empty. Empty during the day. Empty during the night.

I have read this thread:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36639

My eqtime.cfg seems to be set up correctly.

/time shows the following:
Game Time: Tuesday, May 03, 3598 - 10 AM
Earth Time: Sunday, May 03, 2015 01:45:25

Despite that, the gnolls won't spawn. Not during the day or night. The camp is completely empty. The npcs are in the database, as is the spawn data and the spawn_condition data.

World.exe says database is version 9077.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 05-03-2015, 05:48 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

personally the only way I could get this to work is to place an invisible untargetable mob in the zone called DayNight, which runs a script that should already be in your global scripts folder.

As far as I understand, this is not supposed to be needed anymore, but it solved the issue for me.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:09 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Have you checked your time configuration for your world? That's what usually causes this.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38425
Old 05-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

The general opinion is that once eqtime gets out of sync, it's very difficult if not impossible to resync it without resourcing... OK... So be it...

I went and downloaded the source dated 2015-02-13... made a backup of the old peq database... As a test, I did the following steps:
1. deleted the peq database.
2. created the peq database.
3. Use peq
4. Sourced in peqbeta_2015-02-13-02_01.sql
5. Sourced in player_tables_2015-02-13-02_01.sql
6. ran the c:\eq\source\utils\sql\svn\mercs.sql script. (to load mercs).
7. COPIED the eqtime.cfg file from the new source to the main server directory.
8. started the server and did all the patching with the auto-patcher. (3, 3, 4, 5 and 0)
9. created a new character. camped character, then set him up as a GM.
10 logged back in, configured gm character then #zone lakerathe and checked the gnolls right next to the zone point.

when doing a /time, I get the following results:
Game Time: Thursday, May 12, 3638 - 9 PM
Earth Time: Sunday, May 03, 2015 13:42:54

Note the game year is 3638 not 0000, so I believe that means eqtime is working correctly.

The gnolls flat out aren't there! Not during the day and not during the night.

If it doesn't work with a brand new version of the database, fully patched, then I don't know what else to do.

Any other ideas?
Old 05-04-2015, 08:08 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I know what it is. I had the same problem on Chronicles of Norrath. In particular read what Cavedude says here.

Quote:
You most likely did not copy eqtime.cfg to your server directory when you sourced your database. You have to copy this file every time you source in a new version of PEQ. This makes sure your server clock is in-sync with your spawn_events table, which is what triggers spawns that depend on time of day.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ght=eqtime.cfg

That was causing that camp to act up for me. As soon as I did that, and then let them go through one spawn cycle, the camp works beautifully now. Now I just copy that file over every time I bring my server up, it is scripted into my start file.

I know you said you were doing that already, but did you let them go through one full spawn cycle?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Um... If you would have read my detailed list of steps that were taken, you would have seen this:

Yes, I did copy the eqtime.cfg file...
Old 05-04-2015, 09:55 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
Um... If you would have read my detailed list of steps that were taken, you would have seen this:

Yes, I did copy the eqtime.cfg file...
Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I know you said you were doing that already, but did you let them go through one full spawn cycle?

Oh the irony.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

The server has been running constantly since I reloaded it yesterday afternoon. It has gone through many spawn cycles. Nothing shows up in either the day or the night in the gnoll camp near the lake rathe / south karana zoneline...
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

You tried a #repop force?

Also make sure the spawn conditions are accurate.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I've done #repop several times. I've never heard of #repop force. I'll try that tonight when I get home from work...

Regarding the spawn conditions, from what I can tell they're correct, but I'm no expert. What is even more weird is that in a different database on a test server, when I attempted to adjust the spawn condition date values, I'd close the table, then open it again, and the data would all be different. Different years, different months, etc. (using Navicat premium, btw).

Ultimately the point I'm trying to make is shouldn't this work correctly with a brand new install of a newly loaded and patched database instance?

If the game time is not in sync and the conditions need corrected, is there a guide that tells how to do that and how to set up the eqtime.cfg file correctly? Cavedude seemed to allude to it being pretty difficult, and that the best way was to reload the source then copy over the eqtime.cfg (which I did by loading a brand new fresh database instance), or to manually edit all spawn events...
Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Do this, the eqtime.cfg you are copying over before you start your server, post it here. It is a tiny file with only a few lines. Post that in a code block.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Also, for reference.

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB3/viewtop...lit=gnoll+camp
Old 05-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I'll post the eqtime.cfg that came with the 2015-02-13 source, once I get home tonight...

Thanks for the link. I suspect this issue happens all the time and people don't realize it.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
provocating
Demi-God

You will get it sorted out. There is some small thing you are missing.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Yeah, you'll get it figured out. There are so many moving parts in EQEmu that you're guaranteed to run into a hitch here and there, even with the fantastic guides and wikis available.

Are there other day/night cycles that you can test to see if they're working? Alternatively, you could look into removing the day/night limitation on that camp's spawns.