Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Default Resist problems

With a brand new install of a server as well as my old ones changing resist values in the rules have no effect at all on resists vs npcs.

According to this thread: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/arc...p/t-27530.html

, only the spells:autoresistdiff rule affects npcs, yet no matter what the values are changed to (even a value of 1), I can still hit mobs many levels above me. I think something is wrong.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

As of the latest revision this resist rule is still not working, at lvl 39 I can hit lvl 55 mobs with all my spells very easily even with the rule set to 6 (or any number). Any chance this will be fixed?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:14 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

nope don't think so same thing happening in new Voa client merc an low lvl character killing in gd.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

I know you like to mention your VoA work in every thread you can work it in but are you really that stupid to think the client has any effect on resist rates?

I mean you still use minilogin so you can't be that smart...
Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Yep! keep it up smarty pants wow look i found your new name for you i can return what your shelving .
Old 02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
KLS
Administrator

This rule was removed from the source intentionally because we found a more live like solution.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

KLS, could you explain (preferably with examples) how does new system works?

Thank You
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 PM
KLS
Administrator

Here is the formula sony uses which we (more or less) use too:

Quote:
Pull the spell's resist modifier from the spell (or the spell list override, if one exists).
Adjust the resist modifier for applicable focus effects.
Check for fear immunity. If roll is made, resist spell.
Check for resistance to the spell effect. If roll is made, resist spell.
Check for Sanctification. If roll is made and spell is not no_resist, resist spell.
Calculate target's resistance chance applicable to this spell.
If spell's resist type is no_save, spell lands.
Otherwise, magic checks against magic, fire against fire, chromatic checks lowest, prismatic checks average, etc. The capped resistance score is used.
Set resist chance to 15 if the spell effect is a lull.
Adjust resist chance for level difference between caster and target.
Set temp level difference to (target level - caster level).
If target is at least level 67 and target is an NPC, temp level difference is set to (66 - caster level) or 0, whichever is greater.
If target is a PC, and caster level is at least 21, and temp level difference is greater than 15, set temp level difference to 15.
If target is an NPC, and temp level difference is less than -9, set temp level difference to -9.
Set level modifier to (temp level difference * temp level difference / 2)
If temp level difference is negative, make level modifier negative.
If target is an NPC and caster is far below target's level, set level modifier to 1000.
Add level modifier to resist chance.
Adjust resist chance for spell's resist modifier.
If effect is damage and target is a non-mercenary NPC...
If target is at least level 67, level difference is set to (66 - caster level) or 0, whichever is greater.
If target is at least level 17 and level difference is greater than 0, add (2 * level difference) to resist chance.
If resist chance is greater than spell's max resist and the max resist is not 0, set the resist chance to max resist.
If resist chance is less than spell's min resist and the min resist is not 0, set the resist chance to min resist.
Roll a random number between 0 and 200.
If the roll is greater than the resist chance, spell lands.
If the roll is not greater than the resist chance and the spell does not allow partial resists, resist spell.
If spell effect does not apply damage, spell lands.
Otherwise, spell effect applies damage. Calculate partial resist.
If the resist chance is less than 1, set the resist chance to 1.
Partial resist modifier is set to ((150 * (resist chance - roll)) / resist chance).
If target is a non-mercenary NPC...
If target is higher level than caster, and target is at least level 17, and caster is level 50 or below, add 5 to partial resist modifier.
If target is at least level 30 and caster is level 50 or below, add (casterlevel - 25) to partial resist modifier.
If target's level is less than 15, subtract 5 from partial resist modifier.
If caster is an NPC...
If target is at least 20 levels higher than caster, add (level difference * 1.5) to partial resist modifier.
If partial resist modifier is less than 0, set partial resist modifier to 0.
If partial resist modifier is greater than 100, set partial resist modifier to 100.
Spell lands. Partial resist modifier is used to calculate resulting damage.