Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Exclamation work mercs help

Can someone tell me how to make the mercenaries work?
Old 04-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You need to go into rule_values table in database and make sure this : Mercs:AllowMercs is set to "true" Also, you need make sure the "class" on all the merc merchant npc's are set to "71". If you know how to run queries in the database, it's an easy task by running this:
Code:
UPDATE npc_types SET class = 71 WHERE lastname LIKE '%Mercenary Liaison';
Old 04-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Smile hello huppy brother :)

yesterday in allowmercs I set it to true but they told me that they still did not work
Old 04-24-2019, 12:51 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Thumbs up please

can you explain me more in detail about executing that code, where do I execute it?
Old 04-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Red face

ah that the class of all the npc_types that are mercenary merchants are in 71, okey
Old 04-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Question not work

I already did, allow mercs, and then all the classes in 71 and still do not work
Old 04-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Unhappy error :=

all merchants come out as merchant mercenaries now ... I think it was to do that query in the mysql, how do I put it back as before?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:04 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Unhappy :( huppy help

How can I reestablish all the salespeople with their class now? they are all with the same number :(
Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Unhappy

Is there any way to go back in heidisql when you make queries? unintentionally I put all class in 71 because I wanted to look at what to put the mercenaries
Old 04-24-2019, 04:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Have you got all npc's on the server set to class 71 now ? If so, I am not sure how you did that. Learning all about sql and database editing is essential before you start playing around with things. I don't use heidisql, so I can't help teach you with that. You will have a ton of fixing to do, without learning how to work with sql (and running queries). Under those circumstances, I would suggest wiping the server and reinstalling it. Would be a lot less fixing.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Dryamzord01
Hill Giant

Red face

If I already did it took me all afternoon but it does not matter, I'm already in it again, I just got confused and apparently when I put the code you gave me, I put them all 71 but nothing happens I will do without the mercenaries I want to spoil the server again
Old 04-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryamzord01 View Post
If I already did it took me all afternoon but it does not matter, I'm already in it again, I just got confused and apparently when I put the code you gave me, I put them all 71 but nothing happens I will do without the mercenaries I want to spoil the server again
Your best bet is to create a back-up or copy of any table you are working in and then if you make a mistake you have way to revert the damages done. I recommend backing all your tables up so you have a "Test" and "Live" database. Run all queries in test and make sure they work, if something goes haywire grab the back up and place it in test and you are have not destroyed your server.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:44 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerella View Post
I recommend.....
If anyone reads all his "help" threads and posts, they will discover that Dryamzord01 needs to learn all about sql, backups, dumps, queries and sourcing in backups/tables, he doesn't know how yet, he is still learning db basics, let alone getting into advanced editing. He'll get there eventually.