Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
zudolord
Fire Beetle

Default blinking issues

Hi I am trying to get started on this eqemu think I read the faq and did everything installed titanium did all the stuff than when i click eq it blinks a few times than gives me a memory kinda error and eq does not start.

I followed http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...QEmuFAQ#QLinkL

And updated my driver and change my resolution but it still does the blinks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

That could be alot things but lets start with the easiest ones first.

I will just assume your computer is capable of running EQ so first off try reinstalling EQ because sometimes install errors occur that don't trigger install error warnings in the program or in the OS.

Make sure that no other programs on your computer are preventing EQ from running. Some firewalls do this by default as they have program launch controls built into them.

A failing gpu can cause this and also give the illusion of having an incompatible or none updated directx version will cause that problem. And no dx10 and dx11 are not backwards compatible atleast not to the point where they can be a replacement for dx9c. Download and run dxwebsetup.exe, it can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If you are running XP and have updated your directx fully go to the run menu and type dxdiag and use the test directx features. A failure in some aspects of these test can mean that your gpu is starting to fail even though it will still function fine under normal circumstances. Vista and Windows 7 will not have the test features as there default directx version is different.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 try running the game with administrative privileges and/or try running the game in a compatibility mode for Xp or Windows 2k.

Now the messy problems, if none of the above mentioned solved the problem then it is likely bad sectors on the drive or registry issues. For bad sectors on the hardrive go to your run menu and type chkdsk C: /f and follow the on screen prompts. If should fix any problems that it finds although this function is not perfect.
Fixing registry issues is dangerous as any mistake that is made can be catastrophic. For that reason I will not tell you how to do this, if you don't know how find someone that you trust and let them check for problems.

Hopefully something mentioned here fixes your problem because I am out of ideas at this point. Good luck
Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 AM
zudolord
Fire Beetle

Oh so I can't use directx 10? must use 9 And how do i downgrade it
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

You can not downgrade dx10, running the dxwebsetup.exe will add the dx9c runtime components to your OS and those runtime components are what EQ requires to run correctly.