Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Seeds of Destruction - Bug Tracking

This post is created to allow us to track bug reports with Seeds of Destruction. A current list of the known issues for development tracking can be seen here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...774#post185774

If you find a bug that is not already on that list, please post it in this thread (not the development thread linked above) and I will get it added to that list. The list is updated regularly, so check back for current status and updates on bug reports and resolutions.

Last Update - April 29th 2010

Here is a list of some of the known issues/bugs with SoD and what is known about them:
1. Item Links - Item Links (and say links) are not the same between Titanium and SoD/SoF. Hopefully at some point we can add a way for them to be created for each client type and sent so the links appear properly for any client. This isn't as much a client bug as it is a problem between client versions.
2. No Rent Items - Logging out and back in with No Rent items after 15 minutes gives an error of "MOVE ITEM FAILED IN CLIENT APPLICATION".

Unverified Bug Reports:
None at this time.

Other Bugs/Issues:
I have seen 2 types of client bugs so far that seem to be caused by various things. I am pretty sure that in both cases, they should be possible to resolve by sending the client what it is expecting.

1. The Mouselook Bug - There are a couple of odd scenarios that can cause the mouse to get stuck in mouselook mode for about 2 minutes. I think this is just because the client is expecting something it isn't getting. It is better than just crashing when it doesn't get it, at least. At least it eventually recovers on it's own. I think we just need to identify each thing that can cause this and fix them one by one. One of the things I know can cause it is trying to unmem a spell that is higher than your current level, and I think another might be related to the server removing buffs from your character.

2. The Attack/Cast Bug - This bug reminds me of the bug we used to see a lot on previous clients where the client would sometimes get out of order packets and cause itself to be unable to cast or attack or do most things until using /quit or /camp and logging back in. This bug does not seem to recover on it's own from what I have seen so far. So, I think we will need to find the exact cause of this bug and resolve it. It could be something as simple as a missing or bad opcode, or it may be something new to the client all-together.

Resolved Bugs from this thread:
1. Memorized Spells - Loading spells sets now works properly (Thanks Derision!)
2. Apply Poison - Apply Poison should now work properly and no longer give a slot error (Thanks Derision!)
3. Froglok/Vahshir - Now show matching body and head as they should.
4. /who - /who <name> and /whotarget now function properly (Thanks Derision!!!)
5. LoH and HT - The PAL/SK class skills of Lay on Hands and Harm Touch are now AAs in SoD and have been added and appear to function properly.
2. Clicky Fail Bug - Failing a clicky item cast will no longer bug the client. Also, cast bars from item clickies now uses the time from the item not from the spell.

Last edited by trevius; 04-29-2010 at 06:50 AM..
Old 04-02-2010, 02:07 PM
kamikazejello
Fire Beetle

I have encountered two bugs since swapping to SOD.

The first is a completely whacked out bazaar and item linking system. I can not search by category or vendor in bazaar, and items that do show up are wrong priced, unclickable, bad names etc.
Players linking items in chat show up, but the name of the item seems to be missing the first 12 characters or so.

2nd bug is a endless client/window crash on my 58 Shadow Knight after using the spell "Cackling Bones". This might be SOD or might be in general.

**also just found: Tried selling an item to a buyer in the Bazaar. He was paying 400pp. When I sold it, it said "I sold 1 to IBuyer for 1322850327p 1g 6s 8c". It screwed all my platinum count up. Had to log out, upon logging in I had the appropriate money (400pp on my character.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Derision
Developer

Yeah, the Bazaar is next on my list to fix, probably tomorrow.

Did you crash as soon as you casted Cackling Bones, or after a buff was put on the pet ? (if the latter, that should be fixed in the latest source).

The bug with item links also happens when SoF sees a link sent from a Titanium client. We need a method to translate any links in chat messages if the source and destination are different clients.

Thanks for the bug reports, keep 'em coming
Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

Just switched to SoD client for playing on PEQ. Logged into my characters and buffed up. While buffing up had to use Cannibalize AA on shaman for more mana and then when i went to case Quiessence to heal myself my HP would not increase, nor would a direct heal increase my hp (even after zoning around). I believe it updated in the group window, but it didn't update for me.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
kamikazejello
Fire Beetle

Yes, it seemed after I cast a buff on the pet is when the crashing started happening. Glad you're on top of that

Just like the above post, I also was experiencing odd HP values. For example, if I had Temperance and died then respawned, my HP bar showed something like 4200/5000. 5000 was the value with Temp, 4200 was my actual without temp, and my % hovered around 83 or whatever it was.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, the HP/Mana/Endurance formulas have changed. It isn't really a bug, which is why I didn't mention it here. It is mentioned in the other issues category for the main SoD development thread. Basically, the client just calculates those stats differently than our server does, and normally it thinks you have more HPs than the server does, which is why they never go to 100%. But, this is just a display bug, as you actually still have the exact same HPs you would in any other client, you just don't see yourself reach 100% like normal.

We already have some ideas for resolving the problem to either match the old clients with the new formulas, or match the new client with the old ones. The first thing we need are the actual formulas for calculating the new HP/Mana/End increase rates and stuff. That will probably take awhile, because they seem to have changed both base stats and also the increase amount per STA/INT/WIS increases.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Eva Aisling
Sarnak

I compiled the source to revision 1351 this afternoon, copied my character UI files from my SOF folder, and pasted them into my SOD folder. When I logged in my character, I summoned my bots and noticed that the HP bars were huge. I had to stretch out my group box to see them all.

I'm running a Windows server. Thanks for all of your hard work, guys!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:18 AM
trevius
Developer

Have you tried it on a new character without copying over old files from another client? Many things have changed with the UI, which probably explains why you are having that issue. I copied my character files over, but not the UI ones. You can copy the name_servername.ini files over, but the UI_name_servername.ini file will probably cause issues like you are seeing.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 AM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Aisling View Post
When I logged in my character, I summoned my bots and noticed that the HP bars were huge. I had to stretch out my group box to see them all.
There were quite a few UI changes between SoF and SoD, including changes to the group window to include mana/endurance bars. Try downloading a newer copy of your custom UI from eqinterface.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Eva Aisling
Sarnak

Here's what I tried:
1) Deleted the UI_Character files
2) /loadskin default
3) Made a new character and spawned a bot
4) Logged into my other server, created a new char, and spawned a bot
5) Recompiled to rev1354, created a new char, and spawned a bot
6) Reinstalled the pre-compiled rev1316 from peq, made a new char, and spawned a bot

Results: The bars in my group window still look blown up on tests 1-5.
The bots wouldn't join my group with rev1316-Bots.

Note: I'm using the default UI that installed with SoD. I just didn't know what all files I needed to copy into new installation to keep all my macros, so I just copied all of them that had my character's names in it.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Default items - spell scrolls

Spell scrolls in SoF and SoD were changed to include an added effect that isn't included on the emulator. Rk. II an Rk. III type spell scrolls have an added effect on live of un-memming the previous version of the spell.

In other words - If you scribe the Rk. III version of the spell from a scroll and have Rk. II in your book, a pop-up box is displayed telling you that the previous version will be replaced in your book. If you click 'Yes' or 'ok' (can't remember which), the Rk. II spell i removed from your spell book and the Rk. III is placed in it's location. - clicking 'no' will cancel the scribe.

I'm not sure if there's a different opcode for each spell or not, and not even sure how to figure that out, but I believe this change is the reason a lot of the spells in the 'items' table of the DB are listed as level 255 when looking at the scroll item, but 'spells_new' shows the correct class/level for the spells. All spells that are grouped along with Rk. II an Rk. III versions seem to be included with this problem.

It would be cool if the #scribespells command would remove previous versions also in order to make spellbooks more 'correct', and prevent filling spellbooks before all spells are memmed. Toons aren't supposed to need the lower versions if you have the Rk. III versions anyways.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

Con colors are not correct on the SoD client, things that should be green to a 65 are appearing white. (was running through Lake of Ill Omen when i noticed) And goblins at the entrance area of veksar are green but i believe should be light blue to 65.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftousen View Post
Con colors are not correct on the SoD client, things that should be green to a 65 are appearing white. (was running through Lake of Ill Omen when i noticed) And goblins at the entrance area of veksar are green but i believe should be light blue to 65.
That's actually correct. They aren't white, they are gray. Sony added a con level below green way back.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

ah didn't know, just felt weird.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Iclia
Fire Beetle

I've noticed the following so far:

1. Sometimes I randomly "crash" while zoning... "crash" as in the client just sits there forever.

2. Spent AA count is always at 500

3. Vah shir facial features are not sent correctly. The faces shows correctly but the body doesn't. (Just noticed the same case with frogloks)

4. Bazaar window gets filled with jiberish when doing searchs.

5. When memorizing a spell set, if you do not manually empty your spell bar it will not fill it up.

6. Couldn't get #melody to work, if i'm even doing it right (/melody 1 3 7

7. Sometimes when looting a corpse it will give the invalid item message or something and the corpse will disappear (only disappeared so far in Shadowrest) and force you to stop looting.

8. Summoning my mount does not show a spell cast bar, but it does summon.

9. loot all option doesn't work (only tried it once)

Will give more as i find them.