Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Yeah, if there isn't a debuff category, it's hard to say. It's probably actually closer to a DoT than a nuke, since it'll be causing damage over time as the hits land.

Edit: Oops, must have left the tab open longer than I thought. Others already answered. :P
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
zergling
Sarnak

Cool deal, I will try setting them as DoTs when I get home.

For reference, this should catch the cleric "Mark" line

UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '256' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3157 LIMIT 1 ;
UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '256' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3159 LIMIT 1 ;

Looks like only two of the spells in that line appear on cast lists. Those two statements will set them as DoTs instead of buffs.

Also, Prov, Apathy of the Nihil was set as 1 (nuke), so I would think it would still be detrimental, but I'm probably going to go ahead and set it to Mez ( 2048 ) since there is a specific category for mezzes.

UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '2048' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3851 LIMIT 1 ;

There may be others, but me may have to just find them through trial and error.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
May had found one thing right off.

Apathy of the Nihil

Is showing up as a nuke on my BOTS ??? That is an AOE mez.
This is an Enchanter bot spell. It was supposed to be Dreary Deeds which is a slow and is listed in Alla's but it was changed from Apathy of the Nihil which is a mez in 2005 and both have the same id=4877. It's in the Titanium spell file as Apathy of the Nihil and in the SoF spell file as Dreary Deeds.

I'll update my spell files for the bots and get them to the database guys. It's been a while since I had the databases updated with the bot spells and I've had many other spell changes that need to go in.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergling View Post
Cool deal, I will try setting them as DoTs when I get home.

For reference, this should catch the cleric "Mark" line

UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '256' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3157 LIMIT 1 ;
UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '256' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3159 LIMIT 1 ;

Looks like only two of the spells in that line appear on cast lists. Those two statements will set them as DoTs instead of buffs.

Also, Prov, Apathy of the Nihil was set as 1 (nuke), so I would think it would still be detrimental, but I'm probably going to go ahead and set it to Mez ( 2048 ) since there is a specific category for mezzes.

UPDATE `npc_spells_entries` SET `type` = '2048' WHERE `npc_spells_entries`.`id` =3851 LIMIT 1 ;

There may be others, but me may have to just find them through trial and error.
Well I was about to post something similar but you beat me to it. I am standing in front of Semkak Prophet of Vallon in Kael and right when he cast Mark of Karn the two guards in front of him beat him down like he is a level 1 newbie.

I backed up my database, then ran those two MySQL lines and zoned back in, repopped the zone. They are still doing it, do you have to bounce the server for that to work ?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I just rebooted and everything is now fixed. I ran the two SQL statements, bounced the server and all is well now. It was the Mark line of spells causing it.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
joligario
Developer

Just an update, Mark of Kings is spellid 3469. It should be changed from 8 to 256 as well.

Unless the numbers are different for SoF of course...
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
joligario
Developer

For the PEQ DB (Titanium if it matters):

Code:
update npc_spells_entries set type=256 where spellid=3469; 
update npc_spells_entries set type=256 where spellid=1548; 
update npc_spells_entries set type=2048 where spellid=4877;
Fixes the same 3 spells.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
zergling
Sarnak

The fix I had was for titanium. I was just updating by the npc_entries id instead of the spell id. So both should work identically I think for a stock DB.

But if someone had modified their DB to add those spells to another npc cast list, your queries would be more comprehensive.

Thanks!