Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-25-2002, 02:51 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default 0.3.3 Bug List

This will hold the 0.3.3 Bug List
Please put bug list inforrmation here only, no chit chat, nothing that is a client issue either (Your EQ runs slow, etc.)
Old 05-27-2002, 12:36 PM
djozzman
Fire Beetle

Crash to Desktop is back btw just thought id let u know
Old 05-27-2002, 12:50 PM
Vengeance
Fire Beetle

Default Buggies

Some of the #setskills don't work, and not all the skills be added when you do #setallskill.

Slam will make you kick (which isn't really bad but its funny)

*edit* When you have slam or bash, the hotkey and skill vanishes when you zone.

Trouble joining servers sometimes

I can't think of anymore. Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:42 PM
Phantom
Fire Beetle

#setallskill 252 stops at percussion instruments. Form that skill on down, none gets set.
Old 05-27-2002, 03:47 PM
ramccor
Fire Beetle

Command line -holdzones no longer functions correectly.

Numerous crash to login problems are back.

Still seeing that holdzones sometimes silently fails.

-DCATCH_CRASH seems to do nothing under linux :-(

Still seeing occasional world crashes as well... With log file looking normal after crash... :-(
Old 05-27-2002, 04:21 PM
Timba1925
Fire Beetle

1. Emissary of Thule lvl 59 necro pet doesn't look like a spec, but a skeleton instead.

2. When pet is fighting a mob, the mob and pet hit each otehr for one round then fall out of sky, hit each other, fall out of sky, etc etc.

3. Zlandicar's Heart upon my character (has regen effect) took away hps, instead of adding them. All regen's working backwards?

Will keep you up to date with bugs as I find them. Best way to fix them is to know that they exist.

~Ryan
Old 05-28-2002, 02:21 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

World crashed when someone tried to create a dupe character. Attached is the errors and log file for world. Not sure if it will help but it is here.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:40 AM
stormgod
Discordant

ok I did all setskill x 252 from 0 to 73 using an iskar monk level 100

result is many skills seems to be asbent , no more flying kick and the like , more than one setskill x 252 as no result (ie no you have become better ...no new button ) including all channeling , specialize abjure , abjure , specialize alter , alter ... alechemy , smithing , defense.

dunno if they are working without being able to see them in the skill list , but thats it (client side I mean ) dunno how it is server side
Old 05-28-2002, 08:38 AM
astemus
Hill Giant

I don't know what you guys did but there are some times when i just can't get on any server, and if i do, it' laggy as all hell. I never had this problem with the other versions, and my connection is in the same condition it was before...
Old 05-28-2002, 08:29 PM
astemus
Hill Giant

Rolling back would cause more problems. Somewhere the packets are getting lost, might even be related to the setskills bug. But it's not 100% thing, so it's gonna be hard to track this latency thing down i'm guessing. I'm pretty frustrated myself, but i'm sure the dev team is even moreso, so it helps to think about that as i hit enter for the 30 minutes it takes to find a working server :p
Old 05-29-2002, 01:16 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

CTD will fix itself if you delete your eqcfg and redo your graphics setup
Old 05-29-2002, 01:47 AM
ramccor
Fire Beetle

Image: I don't understand. How would nuking my eqcfg and redoing it, fix the CTD? I work for a while then CTD, except on some servers. (Like yours) where I CTD immediately on initial zonein. It seems to work fine to my server. (Colocated 2 routers and 3ms away)
Old 05-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Katt
Fire Beetle

Default Corpses

Invisible Corpses.

I've noticed that sometimes you die and i believe this is caused when a server shuts down and is rebooted and corpses are stuck back into the zone. The Corpse is "invisible" although you can summon it and notice "invisible" corpses in the zone with Sense Corpse line of spells.. Chipped Bone Rod etc. I've encountered that with a "Invisible" Corpse in a zone, it tends to go into a "hyper-Graphics Lag" in which its hard to turn.. loot cast.. run.. anything but its not lag connecting to the server. I looted the corpse and INSTANTLY the Lag Disapeared. This is probally a known problem of the past although id like to point out its still there = (

/hug dev's

EDIT: Typo ;p

**Katt in the Hatt**

--------------------------
Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 AM
mByte
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by image
CTD will fix itself if you delete your eqcfg and redo your graphics setup
Did this and it worked until I died or zoned into sleeper
Old 05-30-2002, 02:57 PM
penfold1972
Fire Beetle

Default Not sure if it's an EQEmu thing or a DB thing

Well, I'm not sure if it's worth posting, but I figured I'd let someone know...

I noticed that an NPC was fighting someone and I was the only one in the zone. It took me a while, but I discovered she was fighting herself.

I repoped the zone and watch her and discovered that when she cast Dark Pact it aggros her against herself.

Bascially, she beats the crap out of herself until her health is down till no red is showing and then calms down.

I'm using Lurker's 0.39 Database with no mods. I'm guessing that the server needs something to prevent an NPC from aggroing against itself.

Anyway, hope this helps and great job to the Devs and worldbuilders!