Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-22-2023, 03:48 PM
nao57
Fire Beetle

Default question about servers?

So... when I first heard about project 1999 a few weeks ago I was fascinated. For a lot of reasons. I decided to try it out. I liked how you had to really work for stuff on the older game versions. And how it made you be nice to people and help each other.

Anyway, my question;

When I finally got the project 99 to work, there was a huge list of servers! Not just 2. The 1999 website said there was a blue server and a green server. i didn't even see those in the list but saw a full page.

Well... how do I know which server gives me the best chance? I want to solo but if the game population is too low it could cut me off from ability to provide, and have access to trades, and groups, etc. So which ones have the best population? and how do you know which ones have population of players and which don't have hardly any players??

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:01 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

Each server is unique and is run by different people with different goals. I suggest looking through this list - http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist
Old 08-23-2023, 04:14 AM
nao57
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the list. But I don't quite understand all the jargon and code. I'm not good at that.

Which of those servers would I be able to do if I didn't want the new defiant crap and the new stuff, but still liked the newer character models, and with some population, and if I liked how people had to work for gear and not have all the old gear be obsolete?

Also the servers for project 1999 they seem to be pointing you towards the green server and the blue server. But I don't see either of those 2 servers in the list? Unless they have a different name in the server list? I've gone over the servers a couple of times and don't see green or blue anywhere.

Hope someone can reply. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2023, 04:46 AM
nao57
Fire Beetle

OK. I found out why the server list didn't match. if you don't click on that admin button at the top right after the server list shows up after login, you won't see all the good servers on that list. So most of that got answered by playing around.

But when clicking on the main server, the PEQ Grand Creation server it crashes giving you a missing tutorialb file error. others are going to run into this also.

My questions are all answered. EXCEPT; why are some of the servers in red, and some in blue? Those aren't PK servers in the red are they? I didn't like pk servers. People would literally corpse camp you all day on those.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:57 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

If by "red" you mean orange, those are "legend" servers. They're just a color differentiation for well established servers in the list. Project 1999 Red, however, is a designated PVP server. If you click "View", you can read more about each server.