Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:10 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

Default new login server woes

I set up a local login server and have about 5 local accounts in the account table in the PEQ db. I then added the internet and had an account in the table from eqemulator.net as well.

Everything was peachy, local and remote people were able to play.

I was playing around with the emu_server.pl and I ran the assets tool for a new login server >.<

Now when an existing user logs in, it creates a new account for them and their characters are missing. Or even worse, one new account I created logged me into someone else's character selection screen...

I found the login_accounts table and tried to match up the lsaccount_id to the account table but that didn't work.

Any ideas on how I can map the login server accounts back to the appropriate character accounts?
Old 05-22-2020, 02:59 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

I deleted all of the login accounts and just started creating new accounts - test1, test2, etc. and the characters showed up under these new accounts and passwords... I guess I will just distribute new creds to my local users
Old 05-24-2020, 12:06 PM
JDf
Fire Beetle

I don't see much discussion here lately. But I can say my dad found out Microsoft sent out something to make old versions of Windows not cooperate with things to force windows 10 versions only. I was running a small server project for 5 days and changes here were made to the eqemu_server.pl files and since I can't even install new or log in. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and consider upgrading now to 10 to see if the libraries in it work better. I know most servers run here on Linux or Mac I guess, but some of us still prefer our windows setups and I would have hoped it would be more friendly to window structure as well. Hope you figure out your issue I can't even get replies on mine.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:00 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

What does your installation problem have to do with the login server issues from Ladron?
Old 07-26-2020, 05:00 AM
personx
Fire Beetle

Did you rename the server?