Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Default Adding Pets

Are the npc_type and pets tables the only ones involved when adding pets?

When I cast the spell, it casts but gives an error "unable to load npc data for pet".

The logs say to check the pets and npc_type tables which I have done numerous times and see nothing wrong. The entries I have there match other entries which leads me to believe there are possibly other tables involved that I am missing.

I'm still learning the structure of things so any suggestion of what else to look at would be much appreciated.

My searches have thus far not turned up anything that has helped although I'm continuing my search.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Post what you put into the pets table.. might help a bit to see what the problem is.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Mogdar
Sarnak

I merely duplicated the pet entry before this one and changed the appropriate items.

"type" "petpower" "npcID" "temp" "petcontrol" "petnaming" "monsterflag" "equipmentset"
"SumAirR19" "-1" "775" "0" "2" "3" "0" "-1"
Old 03-20-2014, 08:38 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Inside the spells_new ... did you add 'SumAirR19' to the field... `teleport_zone` for whatever the spell is called?

Also... make sure npcID 775 exists :p

*Optional*
And if you want that pet to have pet power .. you need to add pet entries to Pets table and.. and corresponding NPCs to the npc_types table.
So that same spell can maybe... summon 2-3 different pets depending on the players PetPower

And here is the npc_types that go with those pets...

Here is the spell from my backup table -- (my spells table doesnt have it :p)

Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Thanks for the response Nate!

Yep that is all there. The entry in the spells_new was already in there which is why the choice of that name. It is what was being called for the level 81 mage pet so all I did was create the entries in the npc_type and pet tables that matched to that existing name.

In those two tables I duplicated existing rows and changed the settings to increase the power of the pet to appropriate level 81 settings. I, of course, changed the name from the one I duplicated from to the one I was copying to.

Having done that I'm still getting unable to load npc data for pet SumAirR19.

I recently exported my spells_new to spells_us.txt so I know things match there so it has to be something to do with the npc_types or pets tables but I'll be darned if I see what it could be.

Is the npc_id defined anywhere other than in the npc_types table?

I added that number after looking to be sure that id was not already in use. The highest in that range was 770.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Anyone else have any ideas of things I can check to get this working?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Did you add it under the "pets" table? SumAir19 -1 <mobid#here>
Old 03-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Yes as posted above, I duplicated rows in both the pets and the npc_types tables and then made appropriate changes to those duplicated rows.