Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:50 PM
renka
Fire Beetle

Default Eq client

Hello guys

There have been a long time since i played eq last time. I let the account freeze and forget that damm game forever... but sony strikes back and they gave me that 21 free days...

The problem is that i dont have inet connection at home (yeah i know that sucks :( )
So, my only chance to play the game again (or at least, play a little with my sk to remember that nice days ) is in the university or in a friends house.

The first option is the best, but it has an inconvenience... i cant install any program in the university because u need to be an admin.
The second option is nice too, but i cant do it everyday (or the 21 free day) so i discard it.

im sure u are wondering why im telling this to you. Its simple. When i tried the eqemulator long time ago, i read a thread in here where i could get an url where I downloaded the Eqclient from sony webpages... i cant remember whats the name of the thread so my question is:

Anyone know where i can download that client? (that client is nice, because u dont have to install anything, just execute in a directory and then download)

Sorry for my poor english, i hope u understand it at least.

thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 PM
mrea
Discordant

When downloading the copy from sony servers, you do have to install it.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:02 PM
lucindrea
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
When downloading the copy from sony servers, you do have to install it.
acctully because they switched their patch servers after they distrubited the orginal cd's , their is a new client .. goto sony and search the help section for "error 1017" thats the patch server cannot be found message ..
their is a link to the newer eqgame.exe on their and your getting it leagly from sony - so i'm hopeing this isnt breaking any rules of the board

keep in mind that this is ONLY the patch client .. once you launch it your looking at 10 hours on broad band to get everything , but you can log into their live servers afterwards.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:03 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

If you are looking to play EQLIVE, you should visit the EQLIVE website and forums to obtain help on getting your client setup for it. http://everquest.station.sony.com

A strict interpretation of these forum rules is "no asking for client files. Period." Linking to a Sony server wouldn't be illegal per se, but the forum and IRC rules remain in full force regardless of whether any specific situation violates copyright. There are some good reasons for forbidding this even when they're asking to patch to Sony Live, which I won't go into here, just suffice to say I'm not being heavyhanded just to be heavyhanded -- there was some consideration in whether to lock this one. Ultimately, though, I'm disallowing this.

Please visit the EQLIVE site for questions on getting your EQ Client setup for Live. Best of luck.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Closed Thread