Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Random Gamer
Fire Beetle

I had already git cloned it, and the question, the repository has the master branch and the stable branch, how do you know what it's building with CMAKE? I assume that the git pull, pulls everything, all branches... is that not correct?
Old 02-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Uleat
Developer

Git pulls to whatever branch that you have active..most likely 'master' if you haven't switched to another.

It 'should' only pull the active branch as well..unless you tell it to pull in a specific remote.

(EDIT: not 100% sure what gets caught in the cloning process..)

CMake doesn't 'talk' to git in such a way that it can determine what branch is active. It only takes into account what files are actually in the directory.

EDIT:

When you switch the active branch in git, files will be added/removed/altered to match the activating branch.

If files have been added/deleted, or if any CMake files have been altered, you will need to either:

1) delete your build folder and re-run CMake and select build options - or -

2) re-run CMake, clear its cache and select build options

This also applies to non-branch switching if any of those conditions apply.

- And don't forget to re-run shared_memory.exe regardless as there can be internal changes to the code as well

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 02-11-2017 at 06:07 PM..
Old 02-11-2017, 11:54 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I always use a seperate folder for build, than the one I use for pulling updated source but each time I do run the git pull,
it always shows -> origin/master in the git window and just simply pulls the updated source files.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Random Gamer
Fire Beetle

Talking

Thanks for all the replies.

I did more reading, figured out how to pick branches, and all that fancy jazz with Git.

I got everything compiled, and running... in addition I did a few edits trying to find a bug that is bothering me, and recompiled, and everything works.

Of course I didn't bother trying to commit anything, I just did things local, to try and see how things are put together.

So thanks a bunch, 32bit server, running on master, all working fine.