Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Davood
Discordant

Default Feedback request on Alakamin

Hello my friends, i've not post here in a few months.

I've been working on bugfixes lately and have halted the tier progression (its up to tier 30 out of 70 atm) until everything is perfectly polished.

I am curious why people are not playing, or why they are... I know alot of people have been testing it out. But I only see like 3-5 people on in the evenings during prime time.

Clearly I am doing something wrong, is there a lack of proper prepping on char create? or is it too hard? too easy? I'll take suggestions too. I have been tweakign the difficulty and adding more popup windows for new people so they can get a headstart on what they can do and whats unique about Alakamin.

Part of server development is artistic expression, but for me I wanted to build something that generates some discussion and there are some concepts i'm testing on my server that might be used in a real game development situation and we want to see how the "people" like it, as some of it hasn't been tried before in a game as far as we know (for example: player gods with player worshipers and actual powers and praying etc).

so anything I can do to retain the people who "pop in" i'd like to know

Also if anyone wants the code for my server, its on github just search for alakamin, its not hidden, and I merge it with the main branch on a regular basis so its not lagging behind.

I will be updating it soon to include more customizations to the races and stat codes etc (will be in the commit comments).

If anyone wants to know how i implemented something ask away

I'm assuming this is the appropriate forum as it is the server discussion forum! In spite of it being the de facto "server up announcement forum".
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

does your server has forums? I could not find any - its usually the first place of players feedback
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Davood
Discordant

ahahah..

yes i have no forums.

ok

so my grand plan to use ingame emails as feedback definately is a big fail

ill implement forums tomorrow !.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

I love your server,

Unfourtnatly the problem for me was one day i logged on after a few week break due to at family relative with no net,

then logging on have most of my gear req levels above my levels,
ive tryied looking to get other stuff, but i cant quite find enough, + Its the samefor my bots aswell

ive tryied Logging in Numerous times after that, but cant quite get myself back into it due to having to regear myself + 5bots :(

Ps , Mycom
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
j3wman
Fire Beetle

Yes, I have also tried out your server. I love it, except for the fact that I am having to gear 5 bots.. Maybe get with the Merc Developers and start working them on your server? If content was tuned to do-able by a player + merc, then that would spark some interest. Gearing on a server with drop rates like yours is hardly a trifle, but when it gets 5x that, then it just turn into a grind without any pleasure.

Players are looking for something different with the servers. I'd honestly love to see you and Boogler from FREE-EQ team up and co-develop a server. With both of your minds put together, that would be something worth sticking too, me thinks.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Davood
Discordant

im leaving for vacation tomorrow. when i retern ill woekbon this.

MerCS ARE in but not in the hubs.. Ill put rwcruiters in ec ronight id i have time

thwy are in pok atm
Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Davood
Discordant

Also. i have norhing against a collaborative project... i just sont have time rifht now to network socially. one fellow approaxhed me bur i have been slow talkong to him.. i do intend on collaborating.

One thing rhatbis problematic is refusal to do impact analysis. some people jusy "want tovdo stuff" and dont want to plan it out and holisically balance everything.

Ive been hosting servers forbpeople for a while and they have all degenrated into ridiculous mudflated messes..including the two previous uncarnations of alakamin
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

When do you return from Vacation?
I am interested to see What you going to be doing ,

Also Any chance we can do something about the gear mess up? etc Swap out the gear for gear i can wear or somethingh along the lines?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Give your bots some shitty mithril 2handed swords and farm a few pieces of gear until you're high enough for yours....I went naked on Alakamin forever and still got close to 1200 aa...

Old 04-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Davood
Discordant

Ill be back next weekend. i return on the 27th

Im using some random open network atm
Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

LOl , give your bots mith 2handers and go do Pop Gods lol
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Davood
Discordant

found another network

check EC (Eastern Commonlands) the summonable merchants that the high level players can summon will populate EC with a 1 day delay.

that means that EC has tons of gear

I will examine REQ levels when I have a chance, I may remove them altogether, the REC I am going to leave, oetherwise the game will beceome too easy.

I just need to be home so i can load all of my tools and do some analysis on the impact
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

Yeahh im aware of the merchants in EC, Im in Tier 7 myself, but cant progress at the moment,

just with less people or people doing like the much higher tiers now, it just makes it a bit harder to find the stuff
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

ALso i cant connect for some reason i get to char selection , click enter world,
as soon im in the game i go LD , the 100% connection thing down by each 1% ..

it does it instantly, Ive tryied 2 different folders now
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

ALso i cant connect for some reason i get to char selection , click enter world,
as soon im in the game i go LD , the 100% connection thing down by each 1% ..

it does it instantly, Ive tryied 2 different folders now

*Apolgises for double*

Last edited by boweq; 05-03-2013 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: Double