Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think some clients mask out invalid values..can't remember if SoF+ does it, or Ti-.

Let me see if I can find some older postings on that.

EDIT: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37183

I 'think' this is the last I remember of a similar issue.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 07-01-2015 at 07:22 PM..
Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well lets call off the hunt...

Code:
	pp.skills[SkillSenseHeading] = 101;	
	pp.skills[Skill1HBlunt] = 1;  
	pp.skills[Skill2HBlunt] = 1;
	pp.skills[Skill1HSlashing] = 1;
I popped that in there. Sense heading set for 101, everything else to 8. Normally of course sense heading would be set for 200.

Not sure what causes it, but it must be client side. Players will just have to deal with getting a boost at level 1, it is high hanging fruit right now. I can approach it later on.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I did some poking around. It appears that it's a display-only thing client-side, and it doesn't appear to affect the Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer clients, but it does RoF. Don't have an Underfoot client to test with, I don't think.

You can manually set the character's 1HB skill (skill_id 0) to an arbitrary value like 3 in the character_skills table and log into the new character with any of the clients. Camp out and re-log into the same character with another client. No need to delete and re-create.

Titanium will show "1H Blunt - 3", SoF will show "1H Blunt - 3/10", RoF2 will show "1H Blunt - 10/10".

It's still correct on the server side. It's the UF+ or RoF+ client side that's showing skill cap values at level 1 no matter what the actual values are.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:38 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Just verified that indeed the database does have the correct skill of 1hb for the character, the client shows 10. But when you go to the trainer it shows 10 and you cannot train up, nor does the skill go up with usage.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Huh. The plot thickens. So the RoF+ client completely ignores skill values at level 1. Does the problem go away at level 2?
Old 07-07-2015, 11:56 AM
provocating
Demi-God

These are my findings now. I had almost given up to "UF issue", but that cannot be the case.

So as it stands now, create a level one character the values are still at skill max. The database shows things like 1hb at skill level 0, or 1, tried both. Going to the trainer is says they are at max. If you fight, skills never go up. But if you do a gm command and #setallskills 0 everything is perfect. When you log in and out, everything goes back to max. So that is where I am, just going to start going through the source now.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Huh. And skilling up during fighting should be server side, suggesting it's not wholly the client's fault. Wonder if it's more of a packet issue or something with UF+.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I do not know just yet, but I always look for something simple and obvious first.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Apocal
Fire Beetle

Hello,

Was there ever a resolution to this? I've been attempting to do the same kind of thing - either commenting out the code or setting it to zero, but it's not recognizing it on the client or the database. Each time the values are set to the skill maximum. I also attempted to set it in the SetRacial (since it's called after), but unfortunately to no avail.

Thanks,

Apocal
Old 02-12-2018, 06:50 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
Huh. The plot thickens. So the RoF+ client completely ignores skill values at level 1. Does the problem go away at level 2?
Rof maxes skills for level 1. At level 2 they can increase to whatever you set it at.

So, if you set level 1 1hb to 100 max skill, you'd start with 100 skill. If you set it for 5, you'd start at 5... If you set level 2 at 100 you could raise to 200 once you level.

When I first started messing with custom skills for each class, I found this and everything I found on the forums indicated there is no way to bypass.

Everything indicated it's a visual skill level for the client, but I do not know if that's true or not.

Only thing suggested were scripts to set skill value or just set level 1 to what you want starting skills to be. (Essentially skills like sense heading could be set for 1 at lvl 1 and 101 at lvl 2... )