Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Levith
Fire Beetle

Default EQ2 Free to play

Just wondering how much people are joining EQ2 now because it's free to play. I played a lot of EQ and never really felt like giving EQ2 a shot.

-Levith
Old 04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I played the F2P for a bit, and even payed and played for quite a while. Honestly, it seems so "commercial" now. With the big banner popping up wanting you to buy something from "the store", it just turns my stomach. I get the same feeling when salesmen come beating on my door at home. EQ2 never had the same risk that EQ1 did for me, nor the same magic.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:39 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

free EQ2 is a nightmare to play - not only you limited to only handful classes and races to choose from, there is all kinds of limitations, and you just can't normally progress with them.
If you want to play EQ2 - just pay your $15 and get the whole thing. Population in low level zones is very scares now days however (this is no wow).
When I played it for a year, I liked the pace of the game, and many more things over EQ1, but at the end, I kept bumping into same old issues that all MMOs have.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
provocating
Demi-God

It almost seemed like there was too many junk items in the game. It became a micro management nightmare to me, especially the collection items. I have never logged into a game where I am just sitting there going..... Now what do I do ? I mean literally at my level I had about two choices of zones I could solo in. And there was not much need to group since most classes could be soloed to high levels. I mean EQ1 had problems but it had an excuse, it is old as dirt now.

Did I say that they kept pushing you to the Sony Store ? lol Yeah that irritates me to hell.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
darkstallion69
Fire Beetle

is there any chance anyone knows any EQ2 private servers/emulators? I've been looking for one to try out.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 AM
provocating
Demi-God

The EQ2 project is dead because of lack of C++ coders.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:40 AM
darkstallion69
Fire Beetle

there was an EQ2 project? O.o I did not know that. Is there any chance you know of any other ones, as I really would like to try it out, and financially, i'm not in a state where I should be buying MMO stuff.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM
provocating
Demi-God

This is the only one that every existed.

http://www.eq2emulator.net/
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

can also check out the EQ2extended server its a free version of EQ2 by Sony where you can purchase more races to play its a very basic version not much to exciting about it.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein