Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:46 PM
darkshadows501
Fire Beetle

Default cant log in

Cant log in keeps giving me could not connect to EverQuest server try again shortly that earor 1001 and have tryed to log in about 80 times keeps sayen that.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:05 AM
DeathMan
Hill Giant

When you try to log on your own server? Or someone elses?

"The fact you are on the toilet while saying that statement is funny..."

"What was that?"
Old 02-25-2004, 08:09 AM
smogo
Discordant

wrong forum.
Try looking at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=22 and check the one stop error guide. It's usually faster than trying 80 times
Old 03-07-2004, 05:13 AM
Floarn
Fire Beetle

Default cant log on

every time i try to log on i get this message Error 0016 the station name or password were invalid please check and try again. note the password is case-sensitive. i keep getting that i do not know how to get by this.the funny thing is i olny loged on once and then after that it tell me this message. what do i do? pls help
Old 03-07-2004, 07:12 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Your eqhost.txt is set to EQLive instead of EQEmu. This is probably because you ran the EQ Patcher after changing it. The station name/password message is for the Live servers. If your host file waas set up correctly the error message you would see would be EQEmu bad usernae/password.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:30 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
every time i try to log on i get this message Error 0016 the station name or password were invalid please check and try again. note the password is case-sensitive. i keep getting that i do not know how to get by this.the funny thing is i olny loged on once and then after that it tell me this message. what do i do? pls help
Your shortcut to EQEMu is not set up correctly. You will need to be using eqgame.exe as follows, assuming your backup eq directory is c:\eqemu:
put a shortcut on your desktop to eqgame.exe, then right click on it and choose properties. In the line where it reads target, make sure it says this.
Code:
 c:\eqemu\eqgame.exe patchme
or
Code:
"c:\eqemu\eqgame.exe" patchme
Some systems work WITH the quotes, and some do NOT... But as animepimp said, everytime you run eqlive patch process it FIXES the eqhost.txt file back to its original state, and you will have to cange it back to connect to EQEMu servers...Hope this helps..

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ