Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Wolfex
Fire Beetle

Default Is it possible?

Hey all,

Was thinking, is it possible to play a single player EQ? What im talking about is, nothing but EQ live as single player (without the $500 a month or whatever they charge now)?

And great job devs and all those who work so hard on emu!! We all appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 PM
sgaske24
Sarnak

Yes, of course it's possible. Someone just has to develop a server with that purpose. Or allow #summonitem. Most servers I've played on that allowed #summonitem also didn't seem any different as to make game play more difficult, IE, many mobs untouched. Actually unless someone has coded it there is no damage cap in EQEmu, meaning one can run around with elemental gear and desecrate entire zones single handedly. Aye, I suppose one would have to develop the server from the ground up to make it single-player AND challenging.

GM Thrax
Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Wolfex
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the information!

In response; Is there a less technical way? My theory is running EQ as a single player, and have it identical to EQlive, even if it is just original EQ with maybe kunark. I know a server would be required, but maybe a program can be made that is ran with EQ that uses EQ's files and switches the login servers to the one created where only one person can be on. (the person that has the server.)

It is just a theory and would be very fun to me to be able to see how far I could go with just working from scratch with no help at all.

Once again I appreciate your response.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:16 PM
manglervirus
Sarnak

There is a program out there called minilogin and it will alow you host your own login server and play with eqemu and for the database there is only clasic and kunark is going to be released soon i hope or you can convert but i dont know if minilogin works
with the newest version of eqemu and if it dose you can modifi a older database to work with eqemu 0.5.9 dr1 or 0.5.8 dr1 here it is mysqlfront here is link http://www.mysqlfront.de/download.html and here is the link for the newest binaries of eqemu http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...S/?hideattic=0 and for mini login im dont have a link off the top of my head but i look in too it you wont get it identical to eqlive but close

p.s. sorry for bad spelling
http://neogensis.fateback.com/index.html
sorry for the bad web here you go a all new one
P.S. mess with the best die like the rest
Old 09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
mattmeck

minilogin dont work with the current EQEmu or for several past versions, there was someone working on updating it but im not sure what happend to that.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:30 PM
manglervirus
Sarnak

thanks for corecting me
http://neogensis.fateback.com/index.html
sorry for the bad web here you go a all new one
P.S. mess with the best die like the rest
Old 09-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Wolfex
Fire Beetle

Thanks guys!

I looked up MiniLogin so I could see what it looked like and see if it was ever updated but it wasnt.....but,

When you said it doesnt work with EQemu do I really need it for what I want to do? Can I still use the part where I can connect to a local server? If so, any instructions on how I can make a local server for it?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:31 PM
mattmeck

you cant make a local server
Old 09-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Follow one of the 5.8 setup guides floating around the tutorials section (might have to go back a page). You can skip the part about installing activeshell perl,Downloading cvs code, downloading zlib, and compiling source code. Simply download the 5.9 binaries...do a search, someone posted them, and extract to c:\eqemu\ The rest of the guide you should follow.

In c:\eqemu, make these changes.

db.ini
Code:
host=localhost
user=MySQLUsername
password=MySQLPassword
database=eq
change the mysqlusername / password to the user name and password that you selected when you ran winmysqladmin.exe for the first time.

Loginserver.ini

Code:
worldaddress=External IP Address
change to

Code:
worldaddress=localhost
Boot5zones.bat

Code:
zone start . ExternalIPAddress 7995 InternalIPAddress
zone start . ExternalIPAddress 7996 InternalIPAddress
zone start . ExternalIPAddress 7998 InternalIPAddress
zone start . ExternalIPAddress 7997 InternalIPAddress
zone start . ExternalIPAddress 7999 InternalIPAddress
change to

Code:
zone start . localhost 7995 localhost
zone start . localhost 7996 localhost
zone start . localhost 7997 localhost
zone start . localhost 7998 localhost
zone start . localhost 7999 localhost
That should do it.

This will cause your server to connect to the loginserver, however since all the ip addresses are localhost, only you, on the computer that is hosting the server, will be able to connect.

As far as making it EXACTLY like eqlive, that is impossible at this time, unless you plan to create all the changes yourself. The closest to live database as possible can be downloaded at projecteq.net, they are releasing it expansion by expansion. Also you would have to hand write every quest that exists on eq live. Look in quest section for how to create quests. With a lot of work, you can make your server very close to eq live, but not exactly. hope that is of some help.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Wolfex
Fire Beetle

Thank you guys very much for your help. I appreciate it, I'll try all this later tonight, and im not afraid of workin bit by bit, and try contributing some of it here.

Thanks again
Old 09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Wolfex
Fire Beetle

Well im working on getting it all set up but got a quick noob question. I downloaded the classic database, now how do I use it? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Read the 5.8 setup guide in the tutorials section...read carefully, it tells you how to set up your database.