Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:27 PM
rempty
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down bogus

recently took up trying to get the emu working on my new comp, ran into a few snags. got an older eq version(round 6/2/04). first problem i had was crashing on the char select screen(didnt have the clz file), fixed that, and now im at my current problem:everything is invisible. i can create a char and log in, even see npc's names and spell fx. anyone got a suggestion?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Yes if you play with this old version client (round 6/2/04) , are you playing on compatible server or on eqemu 0.6.2 and 0.6.3 ?. If it is the second answer... sorry but no clue... your client is'nt compatible with it.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:05 AM
rmcgraw1
Fire Beetle

You can try to reinstall Eq (if you have the cd edition with all the expansions like the platinum ed.) don't patch then replace the client files with the ones you have

IF YOU LOSE YOUR CLIENT FILES YOU WONT GET ANY HELP HERE SO DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THEM

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it worked for me once
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 AM
rempty
Fire Beetle

thats what i tried. i had to get the clz files from a patched version on another comp. could that be fuxing up the whole thing?