Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:25 AM
SonOfCycle
Fire Beetle

Default Switching from Cavedude to PEQ DB, help!

Hey all, looking for a hand here.

I set up my emu with Cavedude's DB, didn't install both. I used the process listed here, http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikk...WindowsServer70 - it worked no problem at all the 2nd time I did it but I've kind of burnt myself out on just running around in various zones and killing mobs, and would like to play around with some of the quests as well. I've heard that PEQ's db, while not as fully populated as Cavedude's, does have quests involved with the mobs that *are in it.

I'm wondering if there's a quick and easy way to use the PEQ db instead, without having to re-run the installer? I've not had much luck in finding real solid or grammatically-correct directions on how to do this. What I've found so far is some posts from ppl who know what they're talking about but apparently don't know how to make it clear to others what they're trying to communicate. I'm hoping it's as simple as just re-entering the MySQL code at the bottom of the above link to associate it with the PEQ one instead, but I'm afraid if I just go ahead and do that I'll mess up what I've already got working. I'm just running a minilogin server so if there's anything specific to a public server, it can be safely ignored, thanks!

*edit* I suppose it would be smarter to post this on PEQ's website... although I did read the Wikki and it doesn't look like there's info on how to do this in there. Will post this over there now but if anyone still feels like helping that'd be appreciated too.

Last edited by SonOfCycle; 05-10-2006 at 12:38 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 06:13 AM
sakrod
Fire Beetle

Download the PEQ databae you desire, or use this link for the latest PEQ Luclin Beta database -> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/p...1.zip?download

Extract only the two load .sql files (load_empty_users.sql and load_system.sql) to your /mysql/bin directory

Open up mysql and create the database peq -> Start/Run/"C:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root peq" - without the quotations

Type "source load_system.sql" - wait for the database to source (up to 10 mins)

Type "source load_empty_users.sql" - wait for the tables to source.

Go change your database from "eq" to "peq" in your eqemu_config.xml file in your EqEmu directory.

Re-add your account (or just use the default of mini/mini) - open up mysql (Start/Run/"C:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root peq) and type "insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('YOURUSERNAMEHERE',250,'127.0.0.1');" 127.0.0.1 is the local ip

Login and enjoy
Old 05-12-2006, 08:44 AM
pepsi_cola
Sarnak

What are the difference between Cavedude's database and that of PEQ?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi_cola
What are the difference between Cavedude's database and that of PEQ?
I see this question many times :p
Peq is more live compatible, but cavedude have more zone up
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 AM
hansolojim
Fire Beetle

thanks! search is awesome.