Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Numrye
Fire Beetle

Default Getting started issues

I'm very new to this so bare with me. I installed EQ from a Trilogy boxed set I have and then allowed it to be patched. I did *NOT* download all the other expansion files. I properly modified my eqhost.txt file and created the proper shortcut as per the wiki. I can get past the logon screen and all the way to choosing a server. When I hit play I get the black box that resizes itself but then it hangs and does nothing else.

What am I missing?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:55 AM
pepsi_cola
Sarnak

As far as I know, the emulator only works with the Titanium edition of EverQuest. You have mentioned that you patched it, therefore, I'm not sure if it will work. I recommend that you get the Titanium edition, which is only 20 bucks, and follow the tutorial here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...indowsServer70 . One note, don't patch the Titanium Edition.

Last edited by pepsi_cola; 05-14-2006 at 09:14 AM..
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 AM
mattmeck

What Tutorial did you follow that stated that Trilogy worked and that you needed to patch to live?

I am asking so I can remove those tutorials.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:02 AM
venky123
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

I Have fully patched EQTriology box.. but my client crashes after selecting the server and hitting the play everquest button any one help me please..........
Old 05-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Numrye
Fire Beetle

This is the tutorial that I followed:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/faq...#faq_playguide

if the titanium version is the only version that works it should probably be noted in the wiki. If there is a certain level of expansions that are needed (or if all expansions are needed) then that too should probably be in the wiki.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:39 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Just search for EQvercheck, put it in your EQ directory, and use it, will tell you if you can play, on what server type
Old 05-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

As a newbe my self, I can best recomend you save yourself a lot of time and headache by getting EQ Titanium and going 7x .
It only cost 20.00 and is well worth the investment - If you're in the US, I bought mine at Walmart. If you do buy Titanium, remember NOT to patch: It works as-is.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:48 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

Best I can tell that link you posted to the guide that you followed clearly says,

Quote:
Please note: If "DO NOT PATCH" is displayed on the top of the forums, this means that EQEmulator is out of date with EQLive, and there is no legal way to play on EQEmulator. You will have to wait until the developers release an EQLive Compatable Version.
If you look at the top of these forums you will see that it indeed says "Do not patch to live, but 7.0 adds support for fresh Titanium installs".

So the tutuorial is ok as is, just that you missed that part when going through it.

Titanium is easy to get a hold of right now fortunately, go grab it while you can!

-BFC